Monday, May 23, 2011

Some Italiano and Gals About Town



A very happy Monday everybody! Does it seem like the weekend whiz by yet again? Everybody will be relieved to know that the Mistress took it easy, unlike last weekend. And the Mistress is also pleased to say that she has now started contributing some blogging on a joint venture with bloggers Kailyn and Fluffycat at our new blog, Gals About Town! It will mostly touch on all our outings, cultrual events we attend, and the drunken escapades we ensue!!! Well, I don't drink like the other two!!!! You'll have to check it out and let us know what you think. Anyho, unlike last weekend, this weekend I took it much easier. After a nice nature walk-a-about at the lake, it was time to go meet my dear friends from Harrisburg, the cute Capital Street Duo for dinner over near Malvern at Buca di Beppo. I was a little nervous since I'm not a huge fan of chain restaurants, or Italian food with tons of sauce is just not my first cuisine of choice. But I was very pleasantly surprised. Buca di Beppo is an authentic Italian restaurant that offers flavorful Italian dining. You can dine with family and friends while enjoying the Italian traditions of food, friendship and hospitality. In the spirit of Italian culture, the dishes are served family style and are meant to be shared. Most menu items are inspired by Northern and Southern Italian cuisine, so I went to par-take and indulge in the Buca experience of appetizers, salads, pastas, pizzas, entrees, desserts, beer and fine wine. Well, not all of these! And the interior was very interesting and festive. Love the tons of old vintage photos, as you may know, the Mistress loves herself some good vintage photos! And while we didn't dine in the circular Pope Room it was a cute idea. Although had we, I may have felt like the Pope would be trying to make a pass at me under the table!!!! I was a acolyte once you know.





Love the fun place mat and all the sayings!


We all started off with just a few cock-a-tails and appetizers. The duo went with a huge pizza for dinner with everything on it, and a order of Linguine Frutti di Mare, which contained Shrimp, baby clams, mussels and calamari tossed with their spicy red clam sauce and imported Italian linguine. I think going in I was going to get the Lasagna, which I was sort of getting a taste for anyhow. And it was nine towering layers of lasagna noodles stuffed with a savory combination of ricotta, mozzarella, provolone and Parmesan cheeses with plenty of chunky homemade meat sauce. I do love my cheeses! And we hardly even made a dent in it, after even sharing our meals. And lets not even get started on the bread. And our wait staff person Jen was a real hoot! Very personable and friendly and she even had our table ready when we got there with cock-a-tails already waiting for us!!! Now that's service. And she even said we were a bunch of good looking guys! I knew she had good taste from the get go!!!!



After dinner, the Dame Courtney surprised her man with a full size, multi-layered and colored cake for his birthday! Complete with a lit candelabra! It was a real nice buzzed dinner with good friends! I would most definitely go back to this location. And this is what I came home with even after we shared!!! Enough for at least three more meals for me. After eating all this delish Italian food, I better walk the trails of the Leona Canyon next time with Kailyn!!! Tootles.

15 comments:

  1. wow - that looks super delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed BdB... we have one here. I've been once....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lasagna looks amazing.

    I know what you mean about being picky with your Italian dishes.

    I remember sitting in the kitchen for hours while grandpa cooked and drank and perfected a dish. Most restaurant stuff just doesn't compare.

    Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5/23/2011

    Oh, this DOES look Fun! As usual, you & camera have left me Starvin' Marvin over here!!! lol
    So you as well... I was an Altar Boy in my youth also! ...Well that sure explains a helluva' lot!
    I must now do something 'bout this wicked craving for Italian! ...FOOD!!! Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Buca, but they give you way to much food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. POPE ROOM! Now that just doesn't seem right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear their food is real good, but I don't eat alot of it either, just to heavy. And you were a alter boy? And I'm guessing you were very good at that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG love the Italian flag cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that everything is served family style –as in jumbo Southern Italian extended family style. Dishes are designed to be shared with others. When you place an order of pasta, you get two pounds of it. TWO POUNDS. Our party of 15 went and ordered two appetizers, one salad, one pizza, two entrees, one pasta dish, and two desserts. (We also got two 3-liter bottles of Chianti.) We left stuffed. Stuffed and tipsy… and happy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good time. We don;t have one here in Hershey, but I have been to them before, and can never finish even half my dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know how you eat here and keep that great figrue you have? So much food! And I like myself a cute couple!!!! Are they on the market?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know where you put it girl! I guess all those men really must work it off!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Batina5/24/2011

    LOVE THE POPE ROOM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Buca is always a great time. Lets all go and get the pope room sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!