Thursday, May 5, 2011

See, The Mistress Does Work



Well, I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures of some of the latest things I have been working on at work! With my new position, I am not working on every visual aspect of the store like I once did. I now concentrate more on the bigger impacts like main focal walls and windows, and over see the ready to wear floors for clean, tidy, and creative merchandising. I'm also busy putting together a fashion show to showcase summer trends for the store's top two hundred customers which is going to be a HUGE undertaking. There is 15 models with two looks each. Three of the models are men, so I guess I will need to take a inseam measurement!!!! You may remember about two years ago I did the above creation for our Free People shop with chicken wire to form a skirt, and white paper butterflies. That sort of inspired me to do something with paper again. Only this time flowers, bubble wrap and a touch of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert! The first pictures up are the two moment walls near the entrance. White is a huge trend right now from head to toe, so I decided to literally make everything white. I used our white mannequins wearing white, and then cut white paper flowers to make the wig and a motif for the wall in a spiral formation. To make the wigs, I used a foundation of bubble wrap and then hot glued the flowers to it! The head pieces are so coming home with me when were done with them. And one of these days for a party or show, I'm going to wear it with the bubble wrap dress still under construction! Ya see, under the wig, the bubble wrap is already formed for the next set up. All I have to do is pop off the flowers. I just have to make sure not to sit down!!! Pop! Pop! Pop! But first the dress is going to be used for a "all green" event we have coming up.Isn't it funny how these things can be used for drag purposes? Not that I PLANNED it that way!?!?!






Next up is the Chanel focal wall in the Chanel shop that I featured the up coming summer collection on. The backdrop is a over sized graphic of Venice that we rolled on the wall like wallpaper. And you know the Mistress LOVES herself a huge hat!!!



And finally in our intimates boutique on another of the focal walls I featured a reclining mannequin with a vendor we are carrying. On the walls are some paper mache sculptures I made, then covered with white tissue so they looked like delicate little flowers. I then added in the reclining mannequin wearing the intimate garment. The Mistress is also know for using her own wigs and here are two of them combined in one oversized statement. Did I mention the Mistress also like herself some HUGE, BIG TEXAS hair? Well she does!



My co-workers laugh because they can see the Mistress Borghese's influence all over the store. Now I'm off for the weekend and plan on a good time with the Russian! Tootles!

24 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/05/2011

    Magnificent!!! ...and oh yes, I can certainly see The Mistress Borghese touch! Have a Fabo w/e with the Russian... you are in and out like the tide -aren't you??? ...wink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular! Especially that bubble wrap dress! And remember what they say: "the bigger the hair, the closer to God."

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAMN GIRL you are so talented! When you wear the bubble dress out let me know cause I have to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss working in that store and not seeing your work! You always did such over the top things, and it blew my mind how you come up with these things. These are so chic looking and it's just paper. I did always like the butterfly dress though too. Blew mu mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mistress, that is just amazing! You are good honey, want to help me with some drag ideas???????

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love when you feature your work. Have you done many posts of them? You must- and by the looks of it- have real fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing Mistress! These are so amazing, and I soooo remember those wigs! I can see you wearing them now. You always did like combining two togetther! But betwwen the drag, your work, and the interior design you are a talented bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You blow my mind with these and when I'm in the store. I couldn't do this to save my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderfully fertile imagination. I bet you can be a kinky thing, eh girl? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love when you show pictures of your work.
    So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very inspiring! I had no idea THIS is what you did, I opnly heardabout it. Your drag must be mean!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Mistress, you are quite talented! Your 'visuals' and 'moments' are lovely.They would make me spend.

    Have a fab weekend, doll.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wondered what you did for a living! Good God you have some great talent and ideas. That hair, floral head pieces and bubble dress would be a show stop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved getting to see what you do! The flowers are gorgeous! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HOOK IT UP aint even the word for it Mistress!!!!! DAMN! You got it goin on BIG TIME!!!!

    I've always wondered who does those displays in stores....you need to come my way and do some of that fabulousnessitivity..ness....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank-you everybody for your nice comments!

    @ sassy- girl you don't even want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always amaze me with your talents! And with just the simplest things too. Nice works. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have always liked you works, and when you share them! You are so good with fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have done some great things Mistess, but then it doesn't surprise me since you were always so good with interior design. And fabulous drag!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now I know what you do for a living! You have no idea how you inspire me to get out of this shell and start enjoying life and do things like you are doing. I have always though that would be a very neat and creative job. Thanks Mistress for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mistress, you are so good at what you do! I have so much respect for the beauty you create for the masses like us to view. Most times we take for granted what we see, but if we really look, we would be shocked to see what these displays are made of.Stunning work honey!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your one talented diva, Mistress! Your wrks of art are stunning! And we are loving the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  23. really, stunningly beautiful ~ not to metion creative! i especially love the chanel and intimates presentations.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fuck the dresses Maddie! I absolutely love the head pieces you made. The lead display is marvelous. Who needs color when you can make movement out of paper. Such talent.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!