Monday, May 11, 2009

Amy Winehouse Does Ella Fitzgerald



As you all know, the Mistress is a huge fan of Amy Winehouse. I know, don't say it. If Amy and I were at a bar drinking gin, it would be a mess! But when Amy Winehouse first came out she had such a fresh sound vocally, and I love jazz, so it was bound to be I would like her. A friend of mine just got back from England and rumor has it she is looking much better, and she is still at work on her forth coming third cd. The picture above is said to be the cover, maybe, so the article says.The other night when I was downloading songs to my I-Pod, I came across a Winehouse cover of Ella Fitzgerald's "Someone to Watch Over Me", that will probably be on her next cd. I found it on you tube and I have to say she does a pretty good cover of the song. I think it is just beautiful. You go girl.

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE Ella! And now I LOVE Amy! She sounded just like her!
    I have adored Ella Fitzgerald, ever since I was a little kid and thought her name was "Elephants Gerald"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. before her time, been a fan myself since "Frank"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Amy as well. Now imagine the two of us out on the town with Amy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her to death and what a loss it will be if she doesnt get her shit together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this mess! I am waiting with every breathe till her new cd comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss G- You crack my ass up! I think you and Sam in one room together would be funny as hell!

    Kailyn- we don't need Amy to be a mess together but would it ever. We would all look like to train wreck1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coco de Mere5/12/2009

    Ohhhhhh I love me some Amy! I hear too she is looking better all the time! She is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mistress Maddie #1 Fan5/12/2009

    I know you love yourself some winehouse Mistress. I am glad to hear she is on the mend. Does she tour do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Amy's singing, too, and agree with Dan about her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore Ella, but when I watched/listened to the video I heard more Billie Holliday.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!