Monday, May 4, 2009

The Hound of Baskervilles



Bonjour dear readers! How was everyone's weekend? The Mistress is pleased to say she finally relaxed with the Boy-Toy and we didn't go out downtown to par take of any night life or debauchery! No, the Mistress was doing some dog training this weekend. Yours truly is pleased to announce we got through the first week pretty well. Buster is one lovable dog, but of course all the male species loves and obeys the Mistress! Anywho, I have to say Buster has done pretty well after the first week. He went outside to do his business and not one accident in the house. He walks perfectly well on his leash and has not barked once while indoors except when left alone. Then look out. The Boy-Toy is the last to go to work, so he hears all the barking. (Sam, we haven't tried the bark collar yet. We will though if the training backfires. Thanks for the tip though!) Poor thing has a bad case of separation anxiety. So we talked to a friend of ours who trains and grooms dogs and we tried some of the training tips she gave us. We also had to tie the crate together because Buster is very smart and figured out how to get the door opened. I kid you not. He is VERY smart. Anywho, we did the training the last two days and already he is getting better. It will take baby steps, but I think we will get there. He already can sit and stay on demand, and will fetch his toys when thrown. We couldn't ask for a more perfect dog. As I'm writing this post he is sitting here with me. Do you think he knows I'm writing about him?



Next week Buster will get to meet his grandma in Harrisburg, and Lady the dog, my mom's dog and also Liz, my aunt's corgi. So all and all a lovely weekend. And the test yesterday for Buster was when I went to the market and left him in his crate. Not one bark! I couldn't believe it. Buster really is one smart dog- and lovable. Far from a supernatural creature who haunts the moors of Baskerville!

11 comments:

  1. That last picture is adorbale. He looks like he's up to soemthing!

    Our dog, Ozzo, is not a barker at doorbells, unless it's the doorbell on TVs Frasier! That sets him off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a proper puppy you have

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Doggie! Good Doggie Parents! I sometimes wonder who trains who, or whom, or whatever...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute doggy!

    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute dog, Maddie. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You relly did get a cute pup! Glad to hear your doing well with him. Is he a hand full, he sure looks it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frogponder- I too an still questioning who is training who!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that last picture! he's actually posing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do not trust him Mistress, the last time I seen something that cute, my man panties er never mind. he's adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!