Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Priscilla- The Musical



I can't believe I didn't know this was now a musical in England. And doing very well. Back in March the new musical, Priscilla-Queen of the Desert, opened in London. If you've seen the Oscar winning movie The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert you'll know the heart warming story of three drag queen friends who hop aboard a battered bus and take their show to the middle of the Australian outback. My new assistant at work saw it when they were abroad and said it was phenomenal. Very well done. If it does well I can't help but wonder if it will come to America,, or if some producer on Broadway will do their own version? I imagine it is very entertaining. And aren't the costumes fantastic!









6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that movie! Terrence Stamp was robbed of an Oscar nom. Robbed, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe I heard that it is coming to the states!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know this. I saw the movie and can imagine what a fun musical it must be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see this! Loved the movie. And I agreee with Eric. Terrance was wonderful in his performance. He should heva had a nom. When this gets here I'm so going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Batina5/26/2009

    All I'll say is that I loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5/27/2009

    I am looking forward to this coming to the States. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!