Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Mistress Put to Pasture

The Mistress is still trying to get thawed out. She got invited today to go see a horse farm with friends from work. And let me tell you it was cold as hell. She figured she should eat a nice breakfast to add some insulation to her body. So, she made some buttermilk waffles and fried potatoes.



After the Mistress had a delish breakfast she got herself ready and then bundled up. It was about 19 degrees today. After we all met in Lambertville, we drove with my friend DJ from work, to his uncle's horse farm,"Buttercreek Farm". You see, Bucks County and the parts of New Jersey right across the river are known for luxury mansions and horse estates. The racing horse Smarty Jones, God love his sole, was bore and breed right here in Bucks County. This was the view as we came in the drive.



After we arrived and pleasantries exchanged, DJ showed us around the place. His family owns 9 horses and the rest that are there are owned by other tenants. They border about 35 horses. These were some of the horses we saw today.







This beauty's name is Montego. Absolutely stunning animal. It is hard to see , but his coat was as shiny as mink fur.





And this critter just about scared the shit out of the Mistress! I didn't see her sitting there at first. Turns out her name is Mouser. And good reason-she loves to chase the mice.



The day ended with a nice cooked dinner for everyone at the Mistress's of baked Pork Chops with a Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette glaze and accompanied by steamed carrots and green beans with a side of mill bread! Thank-you DJ for such a wonderful afternoon!

8 comments:

  1. Yep. Definitely want to be you when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/18/2009

    Your braver than I to venture out in this cold weather. It does look like a noce time though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mistress,
    Is that you with the white horse?
    Hummm, very nice indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love horsies, but I only ever got to ride them once. What a lovely estate your friend has!

    ReplyDelete
  5. damn girl...these are some fabulous pictures! the horses! THAT HOUSE!!!! and what's with all the water???

    and THE FOOD!!!!! ahhhhh....Heaven on earth!

    you rock Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1/18/2009

    Looks like a good time. I love to go horse back riding and riding men too. Who's the hot guy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaio- your too kind, but no that not me,thats my friends uncle.

    Beth- Unfortunely before we left it started to rain on top of the snow and cold weather. I soooo sick of winter!

    Miss G- I did ride horses when I was younger,but don't trust myself so much anymore. I moved on to riding other things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1/20/2009

    I'm coming to your house for dinner! You sure can cook. That Boy-Toy is lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!