Wednesday, December 6, 2023

USUAL SUSPECT

 I had a half day today for a doctor's appointment...yearly checkup, and get the boys checked...that's another story. My new doc is handsome. Don't ask. After the appointment, I stopped at my local garden center for some boxwood, arborvitae, and juniper berry greens and then I decided a walk in the woods to collect the different pines. As I was doing my outdoor lights and placing the wreaths on the doors, and arranging the window box, it was eerily quiet. No birds. And I suspected I was being watched. I was right.

The red-tailed hawk was present and watching me intently. I ran in to get my new camera I got for my birthday, and this is the first subject taken with it. He has been visiting the garden a lot recently what with the feeders now becoming a flurry of activity. I think the other day, Boris, I have deemed him, caught a small sparrow and a chipmunk. Another morning, he was even perched on the fence right at my bedroom window. Meanwhile he stayed today, watching the whole time I fussed and arranged. I hope he approved of my work.

21 comments:

  1. I have those around my house! They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What amazes me is just how long they stick around, even when I'm outdoors mucking about. He seems to love the fence and this particular tree.

      Delete
  2. You are being watched, and touched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boris will keep everyone on their toes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG majestic!
    We still have birdies wondering around. I can hear them early in the morning...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when I wake up in the morning and hear the birds.

      Delete
  5. Boris was hoping he could get a look at you with your knickers down. He figures everybody has.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an elegant bird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dare say he looks to be a bit menacing. No wonder the smaller feathered ones leave.

    PS love the new blog banner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant photo, dear. How lovely. Thanks for sharing. I adore our backyard friends. They make one feel closer to nature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooo.... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have red kites floating over the village every day; there's also a sparrowhawk, but he flies too fast to be seen. He went past me at a zillion miles an hour, picked up a bird in the tree behind me and took off again almost before I realised he was there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes when he arrives in the garden all the other birds, squirrels and chipmunks make tracks real quick to go hide. Alas, It's usually the poor slow unsuspecting mourning doves that usually get it and suffer Carnage.

      Delete
  11. Nice red tail hawk.
    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12/07/2023

    Tundra Bunny here...

    What a great photo! And Boris looks like he enjoys posing too.... and you will be mouse and squirrel free in no time if he decides to make his home in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope I'm not too much Squirrel free, as you know I love squirrels. I mean after all they're my minions for my Army for my world domination plan!

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!