Sunday, December 24, 2023

ALL IS CALM.....

 

Had to share this. While Walking Buster and Lillith two years ago in the park, I happened to stop at the little free library that is housed there. I happened to peek in, to see what books were in there at the time, and came across the Night Before Christmas by Clement C Moore. But when I open the book...how magical! There was laser cut pages and pop ups, and one scene, that when one turns the page, becomes a part of the next scene. A beautiful book. It has tickled me. Couldn't imagine why someone would have given it up, unless to make the next person happy, which it did. ME. I have held on to it , but now will pass it off to good friends of mine who just had a baby. They will love and treasure it I know. Besides, they are calling me Aunt Maddie already. 


🌲A Happy Christmas Eve 🌲

17 comments:

  1. It was left there for someone to love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/24/2023

    Joyeux Noël à tous !
    Maîtresse Maddie, vous et votre blog êtes une joie, merci beaucoup.
    - Beau Mec à Deauville

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous book! You'll be the best Auntie ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely book. You'll be that child's favorite auntie.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the ideal uncle/auntie for sure!

      Delete
  5. What a delight! And I'm sure your friends will treasure it.
    Happy Christmas to you, too. I'll be in Brooklyn in early March...perhaps we could meet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even if it's unable to pop out of my computer screen (See? Digital does have its limits) I can still enjoy the wonderful illustrations. I looked up Niroot Puttapipat. He also did a book on The Nutcracker. I'll bet that's just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how beautiful! A book to treasure. If I'd have received this as a child i would have felt i was the luckiest girl in the world!
    Being Aunt Maggie will bring you many gifts, none of which you can buy. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful book!!!! I dare say you on your way to the kids Auntie Mame. And that is certain.

    Happy Christmas Eve!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a unique book - - I love it! Best Christmas wishes to you and your family.
    (you're very generous to part with that book).

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab book. I loved pop up books when I was a child and think it is lovely that you are going to pass it on so that it will become the very fabric of a child's Christmas for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, here we are at Christmas Day. So, I send you a huge HO HO HO and a nice big Bah Humbug for the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Big Bah Humbugs!!! Merry Christmas Jon!

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!