Sunday, June 19, 2022

SEEN IN PHILLY

 

Two weeks ago, I was tickled beyond belief to be able to attend the Philadelphia Gay Pride after a two-year absence. I was meeting friends down in the city and other were coming from Harrisburg. Worked out rather nice as I got me a very nice room at the Alexander Inn right in the gayborhood. Hey... I got needs... which the bartend from Honduras filled very nicely indeed. I was so overjoyed to be at a Pride again, and this was one of the first times since the pandemic to be back down in center city Philly.I felt like a caged bird freed. I too was also very surprised by the number of places, especially the bars and clubs that required your vaccination card or your scan code on your phone...or no admittance. I was with the clan most of the time, but I also had my own time, as I often like to disappear to take pictures or get in trouble. Two Prides down, one more to go, next up is New York City. Here were some of the sights from the Philly Pride two weeks ago.

A lovely reading nook at the Alexander.

The console table on my floor outside the elevator.

Need head?

Getting the day started! This hunk.

Who says unicorns don't exist?
When in Philly it would be a crime against the community if you didn't stop and patronize the oldest LGBTQ bookshop! It may just be one of the last in the county. I stocked up and got four books. They also have some very cool street art along the building.
A very cool bar called the Writer's Nook. All book and author inspired. With tons of books to read inside too. I understand they do lots of readings by authors too. Great atmosphere.
Even the It's Always Sunny cast was at Pride. Sweet Mary Mother of Pearl is  Rob McElhenney, AKA Mac ever looking very tasty! I love that show and one of the few I watch.
Of course after my , huh, late clandestine in the room on Friday night, I was a bit peckish. So at 2:30am I headed over to Wishbone, some of the best fried chicken you'll ever eat, to get some nosh. I ended up getting a three piece with honey baked biscuit. The city was still jumping and the streets packed. But this queen was my vision upon entering Wishbone....

Yassssss kitty girl, WERK, WERK !!!!!! 
And that right there is why I miss living in a city atmosphere. 

I mean, to have a wonderful happy hour with friends, bar hop, then a Brazilin dinner, jumping and pumping with a hottie from Honduras in the room, and getting friend chicken at that hour?!?!? And yes I did go back to the room and eat it. Nothing stands between me and my nosh.

30 comments:

  1. Need head? Sound like you got head baby!!!!! It was a rather nice Pride this year. It was very well put together, a good crowd without being overly insane. But the bar and clubs did some serious business. You got some great pictures, and I too saw that queen with the booty shorts and pink platforms. She was werking it! I dare say she was even taller that RuPaul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He probably got head and shoulders.

      Delete
  2. You have got me in the mood to go to Pride now. Fun pictures! You certainly made up for lost time my friend. I think I just read a great article on Giovannis' Room. I think it is the oldest and one of the last of its kind...sadly. People insist on fucking amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I agree - city living is so very different to the 'burbs; and you'd never catch me living anywhere that didn't have a night bus or a black cab, sweetie... Pride in London is just a couple of weeks away, and I can't wait!

    London's Gay's The Word bookshop (as featured in the film Pride) is (thankfully) still going, but it is a rare beast these days to have an entirely gay independent business like that survive after all these years (and after the dreaded 'Rona). Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many didn't know if the Giovanni's Room would survive the Rona either...but thankfully it did. If Im not in the city, I have got to be still within a 15 minute ride by cab or train. Otherwise, I'd go loony. Im now looking forward to NYC Pride next week.

      Delete
  4. For some reason I had thought Giovanni's Room had been closed, or maybe just sold. I bought my first truly gay novel there a long, long.... well you know what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last owner Ed, decided to retire, and had he not found a buyer it would have gone the way of others. Luckily, they found a owner and it only closed for two months till the new owners took over. It's been busy ever since, and even expanded their music selection.

      Delete
  5. what lovely photos! I wish I lived in an area that did it up nice like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been ask for vax card, what does one except from Idaho.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many here ask for the vax card so I was highly shocked that the bars and clubs did Dora.

      Delete
  7. What fabulous spots, fabulous nosh's, fabulous Latino mens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stopped watching It's always sunny years ago (got more silly than smart) but I heard Mac became a fully gay character

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree with your observation Adam. The early years of that show had me in stiches.

      Delete
  9. Ok. I am LIVING for that young man and his shorty shorts and pink heels! I love a person who marches to their own drums. And the Alexander Inn! William and I stayed there many times! What a cute neighborhood hotel. I can't believe it's still there. I was hoping you'd post some picture from last week, you naughty man. Honduras?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The man was TALL!!!!! And he was "on" both nights too. I was werking them heels Agnes.

      Delete
  10. All so amazing! (Except for the fried chicken.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG so much FUN!
    That Inn is absolutely charming! Gurl, if I go back to Philly (have not been in more than a decade!) that would be my choice! So great you got to do so much. Love the bar with books! Letters and booze. Fab cocktail.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great little hotel, quiet, right near everything, no priced bad, and the rooms are clean with nice views. Very friendly staff too.

      Delete
  12. Anonymous6/20/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    That was a fantastic tour. Thanks for all the highlights. I’m sure you could fill volumes with “Maddie’s Tales.” It would be an instant best seller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was turned into a pamphlet dear and sold at rest stops.

      Delete
    2. more like maddie's tail has been filled with volumes...

      Delete
  13. Great photos! I enjoyed looking at them all. Glad you had such a fab time at Philly Pride!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a lot of eating went on back you your room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like that Madonna song, Dinning in And Eating Out.

      Delete
  15. I hope you been well Linda. Last time I was at your blog it said comments closed? I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been to many US cities, but there is something about Philadelphia that has a great, special vibe. It is one cool city. I can imagine they put on one hell of a Pride event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that special vibe is the mistress tickling someone's ass.

      Delete
  17. I'm glad you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We love "Sunny' and Mac as well. He is looking fiiiiiine. Glad you had fun!

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!