Thursday, September 9, 2021

VICTORIA

Victoria Scone is flawless and campy as hell. I had the privilege to see her perform just once and that was enough. It left some impressible memories for me, as I enjoyed her show. Her style , her overall look,  and beat clown face,  I fell in love with fast and her performance was right up my ally. Not bad considering she was only doing drag at the time for a few years. But you see Victoria Scone is set to join the third season of RuPaul's Drag Race UK as the first ever cis gender female to do so in the show's 12 herstory, and thats got some queens,  and viewers dander up about a natural born female doing drag and competing, but I say fuck the critics, you go on with your bad self Victoria!!!!! Victoria is originally from Portsmouth but moved to Cardiff to really kick start her drag career. This queen began doing pantomimes at a young age and knew she'd fallen in love with drag when she looked up to Widow Twankey, rather than Cinderella. Victoria has since found her drag niche, and to popular demand, being trained as a singer, dancer and actor, where those talents will come in very handy I suspect. Victoria will enter as the first cis gender female to compete, and in the UK most of the public seeing her shows has been welcoming to the idea,  if not shocked to find out she is a real woman. But she says she thinks of herself like any other queen, a drag queen and a drag artist first. Besides where does it say a drag queen has to be a man??? Once most people see Victoria perform they soon realize she is doing the same thing and just as well as any male drag queen will do, after all, us drag queens are ALL putting on a character to entertain. Some fans , as usual will object to this announcement, but most are saying it's a overdue decision. And I couldn't agree more. And with Victoria Scone's humor, bright, bold looks, and camp ensembles, I wouldn't be surprised if she even eats a few of the queens this season for dinner. I will be watching with anticipation to see Victoria,  and another gal pal and drag friend, Ella Vaday, who also got on the season! Good Luck QUEENS!!!!!!

19 comments:

  1. Well, drag is for everybody? Right. I mean there are other talent competitions... but drag is an art form, so... this makes sense, yes? That's the beauty of art... it keeps evolving - nothing is clearly defined. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just it...art...and art can not be defined by rules and boundaries. Besides, Victoria has got her act together with some talent and schtick more then some queens I know.

      Delete
  2. What's not to love about a queen named Victoria Scone and adorns a wig with a bread bowl!!!!

    She is my kind of queen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose the Art Form could be done by Cis Gender Males or Females, Art is Art and she's breaking barriers and that always riles people up, no matter what you're the 1st in, Right? I agree with you, if she does the Art of Drag well, it's Entertaining and that should be the whole Point in the Entertainment industry. I remember when a fav Mag of mine called "Where Women Create" began to include some Talented Men and their Creative Spaces, OMG, some people lost their shit about it. I found it just as interesting to view their Creative Spaces and see where the Magic happened as I had the Women it profiled. Sure, Women have been denied access for a long time to many things, but to do that Wrong to other people, doesn't that reek of hypocrisy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl....I bet we could do a number on you! I bet your be a excellent drag queen! If even do taxidermy in your hair.

      If someone is a true fan of drag art...and performance...it shouldn't matter their sex.

      Delete
  4. 8th photo is one I like best.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. That face is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it!!!!!! She is fabulous looking Mistress. Now that I know she is a woman, maybe I can strive to be the oldest old woman drag queen. And you can paint me and do the wigs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just by the pictures, I get real fun vibes and a sweet personality. Those eyes give me something to aspire too. They are amazing looking. Though my kids may find me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, we are going to love her!!!! And more power to her having having the balls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Utterly Butterly hairpiece - mind you that is about the only thing that Utterly Butterly is good for. Use butter when cooking or eating; like 99.99% of ingredients, butter is fine in moderation. The only thing you don't have to worry about being moderate about is chocolate - eat as much as you like - you know it is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks like a hoot-and-a-half.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait...it's a form of performance art, is it not? Are they to say that hers is not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the UK they are swell with Victoria doing drag as you can see her looks fabulous. Its the Drag race die hard fans that will have the problems. They can be vicious. I just adore me a Scone!

      Delete
  12. Love how she beats her face!
    She's giving me KimChi realness in the eyes. And it was about time a bio queen would make it to RPDR. There's this UK version of 'We're Here' and they also have a bio queen going around the UK and spreading fabulousness.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. The yellow in her hair resembles the lovely sunflowers I saw in the Van Gogh exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see he loves yellow a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!