Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What Imagery



My good friend and sister Mame, aka, David Dust would probably love this picture, huh? Last weekend while dinning at a local establishment I saw a painting that I loved and had to find out the artist. Turns out it's from the talented artist Kevin Sloan , who draws upon the diverse imagery acquired from his extensive travels around the world to create the unique "magic realism" paintings that have made him such a well-known, collected artist. With a portfolio of fine art that can be found in numerous public and private collections, his distinctive, provocative and occasionally humorous imagery create truly unique still lifes and landscapes. Kevin's vivid imagination and storytelling technique invites the viewer to use one's own intellect and awareness to create personal stories relating to each captivating painting. And I love his use of color, and since I love peacocks, animals and clocks is it any wonder I would love his works? I would love to stroll through this world for a while!!!






9 comments:

  1. Very whimsical! I like the rabbit with the half-eaten fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very talented fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the same one Debra does. Remember, Girl, my birthday is August 26th. I'll be ... cough, cough ... 29. It would make the POIFECT gift!!

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how playful they are! And I love rabbits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore them!!! I wonder how much they go for. I would love one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them.
    I'm all about the whimsical, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting and whimsical. I like them, too.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!