Monday, January 24, 2011

Not Feeling Glamours*

The fabulous Joan Crawford


The Mistress is not feeling glamours,or full of sugar and spice and absolutely nothing nice! I have that norovirus that is going around and I think it started last week when the Mistress was up to her usual dramatics and did I a swan dive in the middle of the men's department! I wrote off the passing out to dehydration,which I was partly right. And I worked the rest of the week.

Lauren Bacall

Vivian Leigh


Yesterday took a turn for the worse as the fever,aches and chills started and it's been a hoot ever since. By last night I was totally feeling crappy and rested most of the evening and night, but I should have just stayed in the bathroom worshipping the porcelain God since I was making trips back their regularly all night. And the stomach pains are the worst part. After not much restful sleep I finally went to see the doc and got myself somewhat presentable.

Mamie Von Doren


And if you know the Mistress, she never leaves the house till she has done the four S's, and selected a outfit. They were lucky I didn't come in with my caribou robe on! Although that might have been too dramatic, huh? And for not feeling good I thought I looked pretty well put together,although my color is not back yet, and some woman looked at me like I had three eyes! "What are you looking at?"

Gene Tierney


Apparently I do indeed have the Noroviruse which are a group of viruses that cause Gastroenteritis which is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach and intestines.
The symptoms, all of which the Mistress got, of norovirus illness usually include nausea, diarrhea, and some stomach cramping and also have a low-grade fever, chills, headache, muscle aches, and a general sense of tiredness. After feeling like a 96 year old man walking back home I stripped the clothes off and back to my comfy bed clothes and getting more rest now. Hopefully I'll be back to normal shortly. Now I have a date with the back of my eyelids. Tootles.

.Linda Evangelista

15 comments:

  1. Feel better.
    Um, just wondering....did you go to Joy's blog? Is that where you got it? i mean, it could happen, right?
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, feel better!!

    Now listen - you get all rested up because I'm counting on seeing you on Saturday!!! Even if we put gin in your hot tea, you're coming to NYC!!!

    Besides, The Urges can cure anything!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, it sounds nasty! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need ginger. As in ginger ale, NOT a ginger cosmo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're feeling better soon and not so "un-glamours" This virus is kicking Phiily's ass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my dear I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick.
    Hope you're better now, and I'm selfish because I want to read more posts about Drag divas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is it that a little bit of old Hoolywood sirens helps during these moments... if only for about a minute! LOL!

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh boo, I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling sickly. Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you catch this bug through the internet? I feel as if all my bloggin friends are coming down with this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh. You poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel a lot better very soon, this seems to be a nasty flu!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I suppose it's quite fitting for "the Mistress Borghese" to have a few grey days. Hope you feel more cheerful soon and back on those feet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know what sucks, yesterday I was under the weather because I was hungover. But now I think I really have a cold!
    Yes, I hope you didn't send it to me through blogland! And I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought about that, too, Bob. :-) A week later I still can't branch out from eating soup, crackers, and Gatorade without feeling bad. Hope you're over all of it, Maddie, and are having fun this weekend.

    I'm trying to catch up on blogs! Sorry I missed so much.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!