Monday, April 12, 2010

Lady Bunny Does Charity



I was thinking when I get up to New York soon to visit my good friend Mame, I might like to go see my FAVORITE drag queen Lady Bunny in the off-Broadway play When Joey Married Bobby.



The show is apparently doing very well and Lady Bunny is back after Sweetie had filled in for her. Have you heard of the show? It looks just full of hilarity. And Lady Bunny I'm betting is just over the top, and that voice is just boisterous as ever! The jest of the show is that bright-eyed hunk Joey,(played by a former baseball player of some team, and very hunky I might add) Matthew Pender has finally met the man of his dreams and is ready to take a plunge into marriage. The thought of a gay wedding, in her ultra-conservative household, has Joey's southern, socialite mother Sarah Edwards in quite a tizzy. Worried that the news of her son's nuptials might jeopardize her chances of winning "Christian of the Year," Sarah stops at nothing to protect her name, image and reputation. The legendary Lady Bunny co-stars in the play as the power-wielding, Baptist Minister's Wife, Charity Divine. Here's a cute video with the cast of the show. And Lady Bunny who asks the interviewer if he can smell the liqueur from her pores! I find it very hard to believe she drinks!

8 comments:

  1. Me would really LIKEE to see this show!!! Girl, we need to set a date soon for our Zoo/Bun-Bun NYC excursion.

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks fun and festive

    ReplyDelete
  3. lADY bUNNY IS A HOOT! I would love to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pender is indeed a ex- baseball player, but I can't think of what team. The play seems funny as hell and you sure as shit know Lady Bunny will steal the show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mistress Maddie #1 Fan4/13/2010

    Two friends of mine just saw this and said it is funny as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I damn well know you will be seeing your girl Bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my God I would love to see this! Why does Lady Bunny never come to the west coast more?

    ReplyDelete
  8. With that plot and cast how could it fail? Sounds like a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!