Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sophisticated Lady



The Mistress has always been a huge fan of Julie London. The Mistress as done many a number to her little diddy's and has several of her cd's, my favorite being the Sophisticated Lady cd set. If you like old retro and lounge music I highly recommend this cd set. It is a collection of all her best works. It's so relaxing to listen to. Julie London who has since passed on back in 2000 was a singer and a actress, and was best known for her smokey, sensual voice. As a singer she released more than 15 albums and she was at her peak in the 1950's, but her acting career lasted more than 35 years , ending with her role of nurse Dixie McCall RN on the popular show Emergency which was before my time. She also starred in more than 22 films. What a lengend!And a class act!




And this is Julie London singing one of the Mistress's favorite songs- Fly Me to the Moon!

4 comments:

  1. My Mom used to listen to her, and I used to look at the album covers and think how glamorous she was in those days.
    I didn't know sahe did TV, though.

    Thanks for the flashback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/04/2009

    I love Julie London's voice! She is so classy and that voice! I love that time period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love listening to Julie London,especially "Cry Me A River" over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lawd, I LOVES me some Julie London. When Spouse & I have friends over for cocktails and hors d'eouvres I always put on Julie London and Ella Fitzgerald.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!