Monday, October 14, 2024

MOOD BOARD

 

A stunning weekend! Warm, sunny, and time in the gardening getting it ready for sleep and just a few sits. I was happy with what gone done, even if the leaves were already falling like crazy. Today in true autumn fashion, it is a bit cloudy and some strong gales. Drats, its Monday!!!! Sneaks up again!!! Up late watching the 1959 House on Haunted Hill. Never in the cinema has there ever been a better or more dramatic scream than that of Carol Ohmart! And she sums up perfectly my knowing it is Monday again.

October is the treasure of the year.

And all the months pay bounty to her store;

The fields and orchards still their tribute bear;

And fill her brimming coffers more and more

But she, with youthful lavishness

Spends all her wealth in gaudy dresses,

And decks herself in garments bold,

Of scarlet, purple, yellow red and gold,

She heedeth not how swift the witching hours approach, 

But smile and sings her happy life long.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff to promote the season's mood!

    We're still hovering in the low 90s --- about 10 degrees above normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are pics 1 & 7 of the same house? Whether they are or no a painter/decorator is desperately needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my black cat. I still might want one when we get closer to the other holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not into the creepy. I found through the years that black cats always seemed to be more friendly than the others.
    A bubble butt is always welcome in my home!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!