Saturday, October 12, 2024

NORTHERN LIGHTS

Thursday night here was exciting. If you were on the east coast, then you had a very good view for the show. A severe geomagnetic storm led to the Northern Lights being visible above much of Pennsylvania, and much of the US from Texas up through the south to the Northeast. Around 10:15 I grabbed the good camera and got some very pretty shots, from the back garden and in the park. This is one of those moments I talk about that are just magical if you take the time to enjoy them.


Boy, when you see things like this, it almost doesn't look real. 
The universe and nature are amazing.

7 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!! I heard about this, but I so mad at myself I forgot to go outside and see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning pictures you got!!!!!! I didn't know anything about it. Then I happen to be sitting reading and looked out and thought the sky looked weird. It was amazing here in Philly too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!!!!!!! How amazing this happened!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My phone camera in night mode got a slight pinkish glow, but that's it. Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They were gorgeous. And you got some beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, I was trying to avoid getting attacked by a 8 week old puppy, and too busy to go outside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend from PA told me about this and it really seemed unbelievable.
    Your photos are fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!