Monday, October 7, 2024

MOOD BOARD

 

What a lovely weekend! We finally got some nice weather, sunny skies, and nice warm days. I got outside to do a very nice clean up in the garden after so many days of rains. I harvested many flowers from the stalks, raked, and pruned back many plantings. Mulled Cider with bourbon was made and a nice sit outside yesterday. I think I'm in the autumn spirit now. I'm happy to report I saw my uncle who is slated to move down to Ashville on Tuesday. I visited with dinner yesterday and said good byes to their lovely home my aunt and uncle lived in for the last 29years. Some nice memories in that house. We will see him and his family at Thanksgiving when I host the dinner. Other things to look forward to up next, opening of another showroom in Lancaster, a promotion... as Ill now be overseeing two showrooms, a trip booked for the Seawitch Festival in Rehoboth Beach, and then at last; the big trip of the year to Nairobi,( I had to take six pricks for the trip at the doctors office), not to mention Hallowe'en and my birthday...so there's that. And I'm off today, so had a nice, naked lie in today!!! So suck it Monday.

New boots to boot!

8 comments:

  1. First off...LOVE the new header!!!!!

    Glady to hear your uncle is finally moving. Im sure you all had swell memories in the house. While I loved moving and downsizing, it's still mixed moving because of the memories of a place. And congrats on the promotion. Again , doesn't shock me with your talent.

    I loved this post!!!! The pies, the cakes, or were they pumpkins too that boy has on the backside? Fall inspiration and Halloween is coming, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific post! I agree with Agnes. What an exciting trip you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here! I'm Monday! You told me to suck it?

    Very nice feast this week! I'm still reeling from yesterday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leave it to the Mistress to drop a bomb and run! Or was that a very nice bone?

      Delete
  4. Great seasonal photos! Glad your uncle is now able to carry out his plans to move. Sounds like you have some exciting plans coming up, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a very similar Saturday - a bit of warm sunshine, and a load of sorting in the garden. Today, The Madam continued the job. We're back in a warm spell until at least Thursday here in London, but the rapidly-disappearing light reminds us it's not summer any more...

    Congrats on the promotion - and how exciting that you're "doing a Karen Blixen" for your winter holiday! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I had to take six pricks for the trip at the doctors office" call me crazy, but isn't that your normal friday night???

    and the wicked witch...reminds me of you unleashing your squirrel army on dc to wreak havoc...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent pictures this week! I love your mulled bourbon cider!!!!!!!!!

    Now tell the man bent over to not move...I'll be right there.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!