Monday, July 1, 2024

PRIDE MOOD

 

My lands, what a weekend!!!! The New York City Pride was yet another packed event! Luckily the weather wasn't bad at all and it was a very enjoyable experience with me enjoying myself so much after the parade in the Village with the Clan and the Lumbersexual, who joined me at Penn Station, I got caught up in the festivities that I may have missed my train and got in very late.  Oh hell, you only live once, right? And the silly queen who sat next to me on the way back, he kept the flannel flying, and I swear didn't come up for air. I could only think of one thing that would have kept him quiet, but there were far too many people present. But glorious weekend none the less. We even got to take part in the Drag March on Friday evening, and Dyke March on Saturday, and then partook of the parade on Sunday, forgoing the festival, but heading to the Village for some libations, then the Piers for the Pride Concert. The Clan was all present, in addition to Lumbersexual, who attended his first Pride! That was exciting to be part of with him.  The concert was great, and unbeknownst to me, had an impromptu Kylie Minogue present for a 5-song performance. Across town Preston attend another music event, Lady Land Festive where the queen herself, Madonna was the headliner.  After our respective concerts, the Clan converged in the Village at the Stonewall for our traditional pride cock-a-tails, where we take a moment to toast our past LBGTQ heroes, and give toast to our current, fabulous friends and queens. The numbers were there again too. So important to get to these events and show our number I swear. If we give in and not show up, I truly think we will be cooked. Every Pride I attended so far has had huge numbers and getting larger every year, I swear. What a Pride Month!!!! Never give in...Never give Up!!!!  Some sites fromm the Pride festivities.... 

Rockefeller Center , I admit looked very festive.
Member of the Clan, Luiz

Start of the Dyke March

This cracked me up! Especially the Elton part.

Preach Queen!!!
Peppermint!
Drag sister and friend Nina West sang a very moving song in the Stonewall Memorial Monument.
 
This cow!
Clan members Kio, Holly Dae and the Lumbersexual! Whores!
I may have organism a bit when this picture came from Preston, popped up on my phone. The Queen herself, headlining the Lady Land Festival!!!!!! I was ok, we saw Princess Kylie at our concert.


After work on Friday, I even got into almost full drag for the Drag March on Friday evening in the Village. I knew I wouldn't have much time once there to get ready I went on the train just like this which got many looks. Some loved it, and others must have thought I was nuts, but a queen must do what a queen must do. The finished Pam looks were in the previous post. LOVED those lashes!!!! Oh, I did wear a shirt up. I didn't want to shock to many people after all.

Happy Gay Pride!🏳‍🌈

25 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/01/2024

    Yay!
    It looks FANTASTIC. CHI was also awesome.
    We didn’t have Kylie or the Lady Bunny (bitch still has got legs!) but it was a riot.
    Lone Nina West!

    XoXo

    Sixpence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still bummed about missing Madonna! Preston said she was phenomenal. And the short shorts were huge!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I missed Pride out here earlier! WeHo does it the best, but we couldn't get away to watch in person, but next year we are so there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear the WEHO Pride is OFF THE HOOK!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. it is nice to know there was pride somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys don't have one out there? You should have went to Palm Springs!

      Delete
  4. Great photos of a fabulous celebration.
    And Nina West looked gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit, I got teary eyed the song was so pretty.

      Delete
  5. What amazing photos! Love the Joe/Elton one too. And my oh my, the Lumbersexual is really coming out of his shell, isn't he? His First Pride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, the Joe Biden sign crack me up!!!!! Loved seeing all the wonderful pictures. I love seeing what Prides looks like all over. And not even in half drag, and you'd probably look better then me in full drag! Kylie and Madonna?!?!?! I heard Madge was incredible. I need to do NYC Pride next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, but life is more than drag shows, and pride festivals, and houseboys, and for those to survive you might have to fight for them. Are you up to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always up for that, hence why I do the three marches! Work and play. Anymore we do the parade and marches more and for go the festival. The Prides for me are both things. But most of the work I do is doing the year. It doing to get busier too trying to keep the rights and get the right people in office, to hopefully do as they say.

      Delete
  8. Brilliant pics and that final photo of you (well Pam) makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cap Chasen7/02/2024

    Wow, I never thought I'd see gay flag and stripes in and around Rockefeller Center. That is a sight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't think why anyone would object to a queen on public transport

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a sight honey. But then I thought, those who are easily shocked, should be shocked more often.

      Delete
  11. Pride picture always make me happy. We were out, and aren't going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was my first time in New York for the Pride and was that a sight! So many people. I think my favorite place to be was in the village. So far it was the best place I've ever experienced a gay pride.

    I saw the guy on roller skates!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's wonderful that this was so big and festive.
    Sadly, it may be the last one ever allowed without another Stonewall-style fight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you had a great time, and thanks for sharing those pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hard to believe it's July and now it's fragile Republican pretending the American flag is his pride flag month.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How marvelous. You always have the best time and are in the right place at the right time! Queen, you slayed! Thanks for sharing all this. What an adventure. Thanks for representing. Kizzes for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like that was THE place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Pride events I attended here in Ohio were HUGE, so I can only imagine how gargantuan they must have been in NYC. And you're right about the numbers. We may be in the minority, but look how big a minority, one that transcends race, age, class, and nationality. We're EVERYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!