Thursday, September 15, 2022

FELLS POINT


 It seems I have been on the run of late. Two weeks ago I was delighted to go out of town with my good friends the Capital Street Duo to Fell's Point, a neighborhood district of Balitmore. It had been years since I was there last. There was a time my group of friends was famous for just up and driving to Balitmore to go clubbing for the night and a destinated driver would always drive us back. It had quite the most fun clubs and I often had drag shows at all the bars. Goods times! Alas, all the gay clubs are now gone, but the city itself has lots to offer if you've never been. But my favorite part of the city was always Fells Point. Historic, on the harbor and filled with shops, bars and eateries. It's one of the oldest neighborhoods in the city and was once a bustling shipbuilding port and has severed as the home to jazz singer Billie Holiday and abolitionist Frederick Douglas. Its visage has remained largely unchanged since its founding- picture Belgian block streets, waterfront restaurants and pubs, quirky boutiques and all within the Inner Harbor. The neighborhood was founded in 1763...and Fells Point is a city, state, and National Historic District and boasts more then 300 buildings on the National Register, including the oldest standing residence in Balitmore City. I think many of you would love it.

Love me some street art! If Madonna Calls, I'm not Here.

We had dinner here. One Eyed Mike's. The waiter asked if we had been before. I said no, but I have encountered a One-Eyed Peter before. The dinner was delish, and inside every wall, from top to bottom is lined with Grand Marnier bottles. And don't you know, I had a gin drink.
We had some great food and drink everywhere all over the neighborhood.  We like to jump from place to place and have a drink or two and a small plate at several places. And they were all very good. But the most fun had to have been The Horse You Came in on Saloon, or just The Horse.
 

Excellent waiters, talented bartends, excellent food, and very nice mix of live music. I also learned it's one of the oldest bars in the city and the whole of East Coast. The place is also said to be Edgar Allan Poe's last stop before his mysterious death. But the highlight had to be the hilarity of all the signs in the joint.

If you look closely, you see the interesting things this is made up of! How cool?!?
I'll drink to that!!! I'll take another.

Made for Anne Marie!

The waiters were ever friendly too. When I went to the loo, our waiter even volunteered to hold it and shake it when I was done! Now that is service. I do remember having a good time though and kept both feet on the floor for once. But alas. don't remember getting back into Harrisburg.

I could easily move here in a heartbeat. The place was a great fit for me and filled with hot men!! If you ever get to Balitmore I highly recommend some time here. It's just been good getting back out again.

39 comments:

  1. I used to love Balitmore!! I bet you knew a lot of the Drag Queens I know there. Drag was big biz in that city. I never made it into Fells Point. And to think all that was there waiting for me. Do you remember Madame Woo's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madame Woos?!?!?!? Honey in my hey day of drag...the shop was on speed dial!!!!!!!! They did all my wigs! And many of my jewels came from there.

      Delete
  2. I think the east coast...so many fun and quirky cities and all the history you just don't get here on the West Coast. I do think we will have to add this to our bucket list. We love anything on or near the water. The saloon sounds like a riot. But you never did answer if the waiter held and shook off your dick.????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could spend a loverly afternoon there. It's an hour and a half for me to get there.

      Delete
  3. Fells Point is a blast!!! I have many fond memories of some boys there. It's such a quaint town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fells Point is a real good time. I LOVE me some Balitmere henny, and it's been to long since I been.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, we often used to go to Balitmore for dinner, but no seafood, as William couldn't partake of the stuff. We'd go down, walk around the city and harbor and then have dinner and come back home. I could never get William to go over to Fells Point. Heavens knows why...because we did the Little Italy neighborhood most times for dinner. You got some beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous place!
    I laughed so much at your one liners! You have a wicked sense of humour. I'm sure Anne marie would have said Amen to the sign.
    As for having a gin drink, really? That's not like you at all!

    The pub names are terrific. I particularly like "The horse you came in on"
    Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been told that my sense of humor is wicked and borders insult comic.....and that's when Im not drinking! You'd love Fell Points. So much history. And pubs!

      Delete
  7. The signs are hilarious. I think I’d love that place. I was in Baltimore only once just before moving to Spain. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never been to Baltimore, but now I wanna go!
    And what a pity that the gay bars are not mostly gone. Same here in Chicago. All the suburban gay bars are gone now. This is a super quaint and quirky place, though. So much fun. Loved the reference to Anne Marie! She would have loved that sign.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd love Baltimore! The Inner Harbor with the aquarium and the museums....and the quirky shops of Cells Point you would love not to mention Divines resting place.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous9/16/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    You find all the best places! And they have full service too! I would love to travel and have you as a tour guide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would show you around anytime if you came out. But could we trust each other not to paw? Ahhhhh who the fuck cares!!!!!!!! You only live once.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous9/19/2022

      HuntleyBiGuy:
      I’m counting on it 😉

      Delete
  10. Totally an Anne Marie sign!!!
    I haven't been to Baltimore in ages, but loved visiting and need to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really neat place, we will have to find the horse the next time we go that way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pat Lark9/16/2022

    Sounds a bit like Boston. Love places like that. So much to see, so much to do. EAP? Sign me up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very, very nice. I'm a water person, so boats and me go together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats been the biggest adjustment for me moving back....no water to get to within five minutes. I miss my runs around the huge Peace Valley Lake.

      Delete
  14. That looks like a fun place to visit, and I LOVE that sugar skull made up of those different things.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Edgar Allan Poe wouldn't have been Edgar Allen Poe without a mysterious death. That said, I do love the sea and would love to see it again. But your pics are about the nearest I am going to get.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The photos have a kind of melancholy, peaceful air. Very moody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have been in a melancholy mood that day too.

      Delete
  17. Looks lovely and (understandably), like so much in New England, some of those buildings look almost-but-not-quite British... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous9/16/2022

    Tundra Bunny here.... I really like your post today because it reflects the sadness in autumn when summer is over, though I did have to look twice at the boat in your first pic because I thought its name was "Mildred Pierce", LOL! The discarded telephones also resonated with me as I finally joined the 21st Century this week when I eliminated my landline for a cellphone. And I like your new header too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first saw the boat too Tundra, I thought the same thing. But then I always seem to Joan Crawford on my mind.

      Delete
  19. Glad you had a lovely time. You are quite the travel ambassador. I am totally intrigued. And that skull art! Amazing. Thanks for the beautiful snapshots... makes it all come alive!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have always love John Waters movies, so it's part of the allure for me to see Balitmore someday, even thought they don't show much of the city. These pictures have me intrigued to go now. Plus I have always wanted to see the Inner Harbor with the aquarium.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love me some Street Art too and this looks like a Lovely place to spend time visiting or living. So glad you had a Big Time there and Shared the experience with us, I enjoyed vicariously coming along here in The Land of Blog my Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have been to Fells Point but been ages. It certainly does make for a nice day out. I was surprised by all Baltimore had to offer for a smaller city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There public market Lexington Square Market is phenomenal.

      Delete
  23. It looks vast! Like Jon said, there is something British about it - especially that red front door.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where I used to live in Bucks County looked very much British...since Brits settled the area, but not sure why Balitmore has that look. I'm not really sure of the settling of Balitmore. But with its feel and landscape wouldn't surprise me if there's Brit in there somewhere my dear.

      Delete
  24. Just catching up. I've added this to my "must visit." You haven't steered me wrong yet, with Bees Knees and New Hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you two would enjoy a few hours here. I love just walking around even. Such a cool little area....and sits next to Little Italy.

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!