Wednesday, August 10, 2022

NO VACANCY


I love me a good Entrepreneural drag queen. But unlike Ru, who did fracking on the side, oh shit I went there...Trixie Mattel is probably the most entrepreneurial of all the queens drag race as seen, right beside the Queen herself. Trixie doesn't only performs drag shows, but has expanded into her own vintage clothing line, make line, eye lashes, writes and produces her own music albums, owns a honky tonk nightclub, and has now expanded into the hospitality field with her very own, very Trixie, motel. But this is not your dumpy no tell, motel. It's as bright and effervescent as the queen herself. After the long haul, the Trixie Motel is finally open, but if you're looking to stay, some rooms are open for a brief day or two days, but it's mostly booked almost solid till March of 2023.


The Trixie Motel resides in Palm Springs, CA in the Old Las Palmas neighborhood, walking distance from all the city's main attractions. Back in February of 2017 it all began, just months into dating Trixie and her beau David went to Palm Springs together for the first time, and they discussed the idea of a Trixie Themed vacation rental. The idea came up every time they returned to Palm Springs. Over time they looked at properties, but years went by till they finally found the current motel, and completely gutted it and did a major Trixification on the place. They then contacted the Property Brothers and interior designer Dani Dazy and the rest was history. Of the suites, each one has its own theme. For me it would be hard to pick a favorite, but with a place like this, it would make for an amazing stay. 
 Now I don't know about you all, but I could go and stay at this motel, check in and never leave the property for anything!!! I'd be at the poolside all afternoon. The only thing better could be lifeguards in pink speedos!!!!! 

Who's up for a road trip? 


If you are in Palm Springs or will be going in the future, why not check it out? Trixie Motel reservations can be made here. You can also check out the motel's Instagram. Like I said though, they are booked solid. Everyone wants to experience Trixie!

But that poooool!!!!!

42 comments:

  1. Oh, how fabulous! They're like dolls house rooms - so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad you think so Mr DeVice, I've booked us the honeymoon suite.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8/10/2022

    Tundra Bunny here.... Wow, it looks like a cross between 1950's "Floridian" decor and and a 1960's Barbie dream house! The fuschia pink or cobalt blue rooms would suit me fine and I'd kill for an afternoon at that pool, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's makes sense... one of the rooms in called The Malibu Barbara Room!

      Delete
  3. I didn't know the Property Brothers were involved in the renos. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's go!
    I have followed the whole process (well, Orville Peck was invited at some point so...) and it's been fab. Remember when I posted about Leslie choosing the lifeguard? LOL
    Trixie learned everything Ru taught her and put it all to practice. Talk about good guidance. Say what you may about Ru and about RPDR, but if the Queens are smart, they follow the advice they've been given.
    The whole series is on YouTube. Highly recommend it.
    So, who's driving?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who's driving? Oh honey...Im hiring a driver and we're documenting the whole drive out! Would it be a r or x rating?

      Delete
    2. Ohhh yes!
      We deserve to be driven around. It'll our Travelodge. And I have the feeling it may start PG 14 and quickly roll into X rated territory, as soon as we hit the Midwest. Those corn fed men apparently have a ton of energy...

      XOXO

      Delete
    3. It will be Children of the Cock!

      Delete
  5. I love it! So kitschy Palm Springs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, my personal color palate clashes horribly with that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here I thought you'd be the first guest in line for an extended stay?

      Delete
  7. I'd puke just walking in there! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the famous words of Noxzema Jackson-"It's an affront to the very delicacy of my nature."

      Delete
  8. The photos alone are giving me a massive headache! I wouldn't survive an actual visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be an acid trip without the actual acid.

      Delete
    2. Having never partaken, I wouldn't know firsthand. Junior High movies and warnings were enough for me to stay away from all that stuff. I've never been a Barbie girl, either. To each their own.

      Delete
    3. It's not for me either Deedles

      Delete
    4. I best ask Trixie if she could do a red room for you Deedles!!!!

      Delete
    5. Oh sure, a red room. It'll go from being Barbie's Dream House to Cabbage Patch Bordello! Live and let live, sweetie, live and let live.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous8/10/2022

    I love Trixie and this is an awesome idea. I think staying over a weekend would be enough...a little much for a long relaxing holiday. But it looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite impress with the decor.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most definitely one of the most unique places Palm Springs has to offer, I can tell you. The Boy is already itching to go and stay.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it and Trixie...but you damn well know the gays are going to go WILD in those rooms.
    I expect at least 10 different OnlyFans videos recorded onsite within a month of opening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE Trixie!!! Probably my favorite from Drag Race. The motel screams Trixie. I would go in a heartbeat with you, we can lounge in pink turbans poolside all day!!!! The rooms are all fun and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it!!!!!!! I think it would be a fun time to stay there, So lively! Having watched the show though on the making of the motel...sooo many of the items sourced won’t stand up to commercial use. That Wayfair furniture is going to get stained and broken. So get booked and get in there early before the place gets trashed. Her upkeep is going to be through the roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I wouldn't do an Only Fans video from Trixie's Motel. That would seem very wrong to me somehow.

      Delete
  15. I remember watching the HGTV show and Trixie saying "“We want to make it look like a drag queen designed this.”
    Mary, mission accomplished, and I am LIVING! And I could see you poolside in a pink speedo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yasssss henny!!! Back in my club kid days, with drinking and drugs I saw this shit in my head then. I could be making a fortune henny.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the room with the retro flowers. Groovy, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha! It would be sensory overload for me. It's very authentic to the swinging 60's though. I'd expect to see Austin Powers at any moment. Yeah baby!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Austin Powers would love it there and Trixie!!!!

      Delete
  19. Are there poolside cocktail servers?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Barbie's dream house come alive! And, yes... I want a ticket! Although pink is my least favorite color in the world, I would love to see all who mince around that pool. I do wish it was clothing optional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can come along with me and Sixpense in the car of sin and sex!

      Delete
  21. Pat Lark8/11/2022

    I recall seeing clips of the reno. The finished thing...well, it's a wee bit overdone for my taste. That said, it would be great to just hang out by the pool. And, tell me why the Lifeguards have to be in Speedos and not naked.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For no other reason then to be able to peel something off them. I like a nice bouncy reveal!

      Delete
  22. Pat Lark8/11/2022

    I saw clips of the reno. The finished product is just a wee bit too busy-patterned for me. But I'd hang out at that pool - yes I would! But tell me ~ Why do the lifeguards have to wear Speedos? Can't they guard us naked???

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know me, I'd stay there in a heartbeat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Very cool. Although I doubt I'd get any sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is almost unbeliavable. I must must stay there

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!