Monday, August 29, 2022

MOOD BOARD

I have always enjoyed the art of two artist. I had two of my art books out yesterday, taking a peruse and enjoying the images One was Count Renato Zavagli Ricciardelli della Caminate or professionally known as Rene' Gruau. His art as a fashion illustrator became art in itself whose sketches exaggerated portrayal of fashion design and has had a lasting effect on the fashion industry and have long been a mainstay in my blog sideboard. He was primarily known for his colorful and vivacious portrayals of woman and revolutionized the concept of masculinity in fashion imagery and advertising from the 1950's to the 80's, depicting the modern, casual, confident man, with humor, quirky touches, and sex appeal. Some of his drawing even depicted naked men which was considered racy for the times. Gruau has been associated with the world of fashion and the House of Dior, for which he created some of the most iconic images in the history of fashion. I have several framed reproductions which I had lined in the hallway of the old Casa du Borghese....and of course my other favorite is and will always be Tom of Finland or Touko Valio Laaksonen who is best known for his highly stylized masculinized homoerotic art and for his major influence on the late 20th century gay culture. I see a lot of myself in both artist's works.


Incidentally, this was also the method my swim instructor used on me during classes. 

27 comments:

  1. QUITE the contrast, dear! Only one of these artists, however - as far as I am aware - had a set of stamps dedicated to them. Or, indeed, a tea set. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But darling, when will they come to their sense and use us Infomaniac bitches on postage stamps? Lick em, and stick em'

      Delete
  2. Love Tom of Finland.
    And this mood board IS a mood.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this; a little something, and some big somethings for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of late, I have been thinking of fashion and big muscular men...hence the moods board.

      Delete
  4. Hmmm... seems that coach was after potent swimmers! My dear, I adore. Such a wonderful mixture - couture and hypermasculinity. Style and function? You, in a nut shell? Well... its simply adorable. It looks good on you! Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always make me feel good Upton...and we aren't even in bed.

      Delete
  5. My, you're being rather graphic today, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes I am. It's where my mind is today, and that's all I'm saying.

      Delete
  6. I wish I could draw so much as a stick figure. Even at that, I'm am not talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your talents lay in other areas!!!!

      Delete
  7. That last shot does look vaguely familiar that time Preston was teaching you to swim. We still wonder where his hands were?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, the one with the threesome could be you, Maddie and the Lad!
      Opps, is this thing on???

      Delete
    2. Must you give all my secrets away?????

      Delete
  8. Cap Chasen8/30/2022

    This mood board I actually find fascinating. I could be reading into it to deep, but with your drag background, and I know from picture your buff, this does seem like it represents both your sides. I love the art of both artist too. I have several books on each.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know Mistress. I LOVE the artwork of Rene' Grunu. When I found your blog and I saw the sideboard graphics, it was what caught my attention, and it's been a love affair ever since. And can't lie, even Tom of Finland gives me the vapors...

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had the same swim instructor. Funny how it took my years to learn to swim. I’ve been surprised by the pride our straight Finnish friends take in Tom of Finland.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8/30/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    You can never go wrong posting Tom. And I think it’s high time I learned to swim.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do think RenƩ Gruau is rather classy.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see some of his work with your calligraphy MS.Scarlet.

      Delete
  13. Pat Lark8/30/2022

    I can see the inspiration you draw for your displays as well as your drag outfits. And Tom? Classic all the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Tom inspires the kind of cock I seek out!!!!

      Delete
  14. Now THAT wiped the sleep from my eyes real quick!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!