Friday, July 20, 2018

IT'S FRIDAY ....POSE!

As dear Bob pointed out yesterday. the FX show Pose is a phenomenal show. If your not watching you should for a entertaining watch and get a education dears. Pose is set in the world of 1987 and looks at the juxtaposition of several segments of life and society in New York when the rise of the luxury Trump-era universe, the downtown social and literary scene, and the ball culture world come together with the AIDS epidemic also breaking out.. Ball culture  was an underground LGBT subculture in which people "walk" or cut runways for trophies and prizes at events known as balls. Some who walk also dance; others compete in drag categories, designed to emulate other genders and social classes. Most participants in ball culture belong to groups known as "houses".  Like the House of Borghese for instance!!! I used to love a good runway.  And after this week, Mother Mistress Borghese is ready for the weekend, ok?

So walk that runway honey....

Twirl.....

Blow the week's dust and Trump crap off....

Strike that pose...

Grab the girls....

And walk that walk with some attitude....

It is time to be utterly fabulous darlings.....

So drink up....IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!

18 comments:

  1. I don't think I have the Ryan Murphy gene. I liked Glee, up to a point. I like 9-1-1, for now but can see myself growing tired of it. I tried watching Pose, and lost interest within fifteen minutes. I also thought that yesterday was Friday, so I seem to be lost in a time warp of some kind. Cocoa Puffs for breakfast and dinner probably didn't help, but, YUM! The weekend beacons and I have a floor or two to mop, WHOOPIE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun weekend!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. sashay, chantey, werk it supermodel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that show. When I watch I wondered if you and Electra were the same person., lol!!!!! So glad there bringing it back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun friday post. Pose is a great show....i love Electra and her proper speech patterns. And I adore Prey Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been watching since episode 1. Great show! Ryan Murphy, et al, put some great stuff together. Like Aaron Sorkin, I don't think they've done anything I haven't enjoyed.

    Have a great weekend, everyone. POSE!

    And big hugs to my mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't seen it as I no longer have cable, but it sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I'm ready to walk my walk ... right back to Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WORK, WALK, POSE!!!!!

    I too love this show. I could most definelty see you as mother of a house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun a Friday post! My favorite show on right now, along with Claws. Now go work it Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carlos and I love it ... the episode with Pray Tell and Blanca singing 'Home' had me in tears.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "your heels are to low, and your hips have no flow"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW you are not talking to me dear?!?!?!?!

      Delete
  13. Considering how everyone else likes this show, I could be wrong :) . I never got to the fabulous part because that scene with the guy's parents kicking him out while shouting scriptures at him totally depressed me. I may give it another shot when I'm a little less down. Then again, the Ryan Murphy gene is so totally missing in me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I got past that show it had me. Most of Ryans shows are like that for me. They grow on me. Except Glee...never watched it. Unfortunely that is how many gays kids faced life then. But the boy you got kicked out is doing well on the show now Deedles. Watch it on demand if you want.

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!