Tuesday, July 17, 2018

GRANDE DAME

Philadelphia's Premiere Vintage Queen, Anita Manhattan!

 When Anita Manhattan hits the stage, it’s clear you're dealing with a true classic soul! After winning Philadelphia's infamous Drag Wars in 2016, Anita has continued to entertain audiences with her eclectic style and powerful stage presence! Anita Manhattan is one of the boisterous drag queens who I've hosted with and helps ramp up the laughs at GayBINGO each month along with fellow lady killers Summer Clearance and Thunder Showers. Over the last 15 years, the Philly AIDS Fund has enjoyed a landslide of proceeds from this popular event. A native of Washington, Pa., Miss Manhattan attended West Chester University and the Istituto Marangoni in Milan for fashion design – yes, he makes all of his own drag. When he’s not checking bingo cards, or playing with balls at the Gershman Y, he’s the resident costume designer at the Ritz Theater in Oaklyn, N.J., where he recently worked on the oh-so-gay musical Hairspray. She uses her knowledge of Broadway, Burlesque, and pop culture to create an over the top nostalgic performance that can entertain all crowds! From her flawless vintage costuming, to her campy props and amazing reveals, Anita knows the perfect recipe to leave the audience in awe!
Miss Anita Manhattan with fellow Phillly queen...the ton of fun, Cleo Phatra.

18 comments:

  1. Anita GinGimlet - my new drag name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's fancy that up with a hyphen, shall we? Anita Gin-Gimlet.

      Delete
    2. ooooooooooooooooooh, FANCY THAT!

      Delete
    3. I personally thought of you as Titty McGibets.

      Delete
    4. Maddie, you need a good hard spanking! Actually, I thought of Jahoobie McBoobie, but I decided to use a little decorum.

      Carebear, I love you!

      Delete
    5. @ Deedles- And even though your Duchess Deeldes, if you were in my drag house I would deem you Boom Boom Delight. Famous for giving good face!

      Delete
    6. @deedles - love ya back, gurl! jahoobie mcboobie - suh-NAP! :)

      Delete
    7. @Maddie- Boom Boom Delight? There's such a thin line between drag and stripper names! I'm not complaining, hon. It could've been Duchess Dildo! You can deem me anything you want, sweetie.

      Delete
  2. After this day of loony-tunes White House shiz, i needed a Grande Dame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Category is..... USO Girl realness. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've caught her down at Cibo for the Drag Brunch...she is very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed her show last time in Philadelphia..that is tragic indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very distinct and unique style. That last foto is the best! It's fun, joyful, and fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love me my Anita Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like her name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These posts always leave me in awe. What incredible talent and creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!