Sunday, July 1, 2018

EMPTY NEST SYNDROME

Yes dear children...the Mistress is going through the empty nest syndrome. Since our last posting, I was beyond amazed how fast birds grow! Seems Roberta the robin did a great job raising her young.

I could swear I heard this one asking for gin?
I told him I didn't have any. By this look, I don't think he bought any of it.

As the babies got bigger, it was getting a tight fit for the three babies, and I noticed Roberta was not sleeping on the nest anymore at night. I believe she roosted in the near by tree on the corner by the window. Just look at the struggles of fitting in there.

The third is under these two!!! The poor thing.

Come Friday I noticed it was down to one fledgling left. The other two must have flown the nest Thursday sometime. I like to believe this one little bird didn't want to leave the Mistress, or was just enjoying the nest a little more.....

…..cause come Saturday when I got back from the pool he too was gone. No sign of any in the nest last night or this morning. I did however spot Roberta and one flapping around in a tree by the livingroom windows this afternoon. I wish them well on their new life in this big world. And may it be kind to them.

22 comments:

  1. That is a precious post. I know I'm old now. It got me teary eyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I be the first to say -- "bye bye birdie!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. These post of following these babies had been fun. I bet if you look hard enough you will still see them now and again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice series. We are reminded of how we got to watch the miracle of three little blue eggs become three beautiful robins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwwww, the cute birdies are gone! I hope they drop by and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know they must go, but why ...... ?
    Sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bestest wishes to the three babies on their big adventure in the wide world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was it because the gin ran out?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed these posts. Fly birdies fly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know there wasn't a lot of these post, but I think I'll miss them too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing this. Best wishes to the robin family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had my Stacia seen these birds on the sill, I am afraid the mother would have been unnerved and left. Nice posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww. Best wishes to all the birds! It's a wonderful thing that they've all survived, thrived, and are living their own lives.

    Thanks for keeping us posted. Who knows? Maybe some other bird will make use of the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this. It warmed my heart without any gin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A happy day when the last one leaves the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now just the houseboys again? they feel neglected i hear

    ReplyDelete
  17. The proof of good parenting: They leave the nest.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've enjoyed watching these post. I'll miss them too, and I didn't even see them every day like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The first two went off to bird university, the third one, not quite sure what to do with his life, is flying to Europe to find himself.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's sad when good neighbors move.

    ReplyDelete
  21. God, they grow up so fast. Any updates on the ducks?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perhaps they'll nest on sill again next year?

    P.S. I can't believe I missed this post?!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!