Tuesday, April 8, 2014

CELEBRATING WITH BETTY BUCKLEY


So last week I did a post on my gleeful mood over all the excellent entertainment on it's way to Buck's County from Varla Jean Merman to Judy Tenuta to Well Stung String Quartet to Lanie Kazan and Linda Lavin. This weekend I'll be checking out Joey Aries and Sherry Vine. You can check  out the Rrazz Room post here. with all the entertainment. Yesterday in my email, I got I pleasant surprise from the Bucks County Playhouse with whom I'm a supporter. New Hope is very proud of this little playhouse and they get in some huge names. There also getting ready to celebrate their 75th Anniversary.


The enclosed email announced than none other than the fabulous Betty Buckley will be coming to help celebrate.  I dropped my cock-a-tail, and then clutched my pearls!!!!!  You may recall I just saw Angela Lansbury there. Now we are proud to welcome BETTY BUCKLEY, who is one of the most respected and legendary of Broadway’s leading ladies and will make her Big Bucks County debut. She is an actress/singer whose career spans theater, film, television and concert halls around the world, and in 2012 she was inducted into the Theater Hall of Fame. She won a Tony Award for her performance as Grizabella, the Glamour Cat, in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s CATS. She received her second Tony Award nomination for TRIUMPH OF LOVE, and an Olivier Award nomination for her acclaimed interpretation of Norma Desmond in the London production of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s SUNSET BOULEVARD, which she repeated to rave reviews on Broadway.


 Her other Broadway credits include 1776, PIPPIN, SONG AND DANCE, THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD and CARRIE. Buckley made her film debut in Brian de Palma’s 1976 screen version of Stephen King’s CARRIE. She also appeared in TENDER MERCIES, FRANTIC, ANOTHER WOMAN, WYATT EARP and THE HAPPENING. On television, she starred for three seasons in the HBO series OZ and as Abby Bradford in the hit series EIGHT IS ENOUGH. She has recorded 16 albums, among them AN EVENING AT CARNEGIE HALL and the Grammy- nominated STARS AND THE MOON: BETTY BUCKLEY LIVE AT THE DONMAR.  Her forthcoming album GHOST LIGHT, produced by T Bone Burnett, will be released in August 2014.


 
I don't think I can take any more fun shows coming at one time. I already booked three shows at the Rrazz Room and now this one at the playhouse. My wallet isn't happy. If your in the area, or will be coming and need something to do, you can get tickets for the gala with Betty Buckley at the Bucks County Playhouse.
 

Saturday, May 3rd, 2014
6:00 p.m.
Cocktails and Silent Auction
Dinner in the Courtyard Tent

8:00 p.m.
Live Auction Onstage
Concert Performance
Dessert and Dancing to Follow

Formal Attire

 

26 comments:

  1. OMG I remember her from Eight Is Enough. Remember that show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw betty in PIPPIN on broadway in 1974. loverly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I had seen this too, and we are going to get tickets for this event. I'd forgotten the brilliance of Betty Buckley in all these intervening years. She IS the DEFINITIVE Norma in opinion. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect and glamorous way to start out the spring!!! I loved her in Cats-saw it twice. Your so lucky to be getting all these performers near you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This lady has amazing cheek bones structure. I suggest you take a downer before going so you don't get over excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I saw her when she was in her twenties. I never suspected she would go on to such a spectacular career. You will enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her talent, integrity, knowledge, intelligence & grace are incomparable. She is a true genius in the theater. I have a performance that night but I would love to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And like Cinderella, I'll be at the Casa having to supervise naked houseboys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a treat that'll be. TIME magazine described her cheeks as "cheekbones you could cut your finger on..." :

    ReplyDelete
  10. You dog!!!! I remember seeing Cats, and loved her interpretation of Grizabella in CATS

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful, gracious, talented lady, and wonderful actress. I would love to see her sometime! You are so lucky to have such culture around there. The whole evening sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just one more reason were moving from here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am officially jealous.
    I have longed to see Betty Buckley since I first heard her sing, and have many of her recordings.
    One of my favorites is a song called 'Nearer.' I first heard it after meeting Carlos online, and then in person, and I used to play it like crazy while I waited to move to Miami.
    Once more: jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with everybody else. I love Betty Buckley!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much to Mistress Borghese and to everyone for all the lovely posts. : ) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MS BUCKLEY!!!! What a surprise and honor for you to stop by my little old corner of the world!!!!! You are quite welcome. The Bucks County Playhouse, myself and most of the surrounding area is very excited by your forth coming appearance. It will be a nice honor to have you grace our town and stage!

      Much love-
      the Mistress Borghese

      Delete
  16. brenda hanson4/10/2014

    I have had the pleasure of seeing Betty several times.....on Broadway.... in concert. My favorites were the cabaret styles at Feinsteins. I liked the intimate atmosphere and meetin Betty after the show.She is the greatest Diva on my list. Wish I could see her again. Lots of love to you Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im so jealous! I would love to have the time to come see her, but with a drag show schedule traveling it won't happen. When I did a Sunset Blvd/Norma Desmond routine it was the fabulous Betty Buckley I studied in videos and performances! Betty.....YOUR WONDERFUL! And such a inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! It sounds like it's going to be a memorable and fun evening. I too saw Cats twice, and loved every minute. Thank you for posting this, I had no idea such a great talents was about to be in our midst!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mistress, if we're going to get the caliber of Ms. Buckley visiting, I suggest you best get this joint cleaned up, And it may not hurt to tell the houseboys to at least wear a bow tie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. well, i understand why you clutched your pearls.
    let's just hope that was the real betty and not some interloper.

    can you imagine, some people on the
    interwebs are not who they say they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya sister! That crossed my mind, but remain optimistic! But you do never know.

      Delete
  21. I'll say it again: Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Too young to remember her in Eight is Enough, but love her music. And why wasn't I told about her forth coming visit???????? She looks amazing! I tried to watch my mouth!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!