Sunday, June 20, 2010

Some Splendid Dining



The Mistress spent the better part of yesterday in the heat of this June down in Philadelphia with her visiting friend, Pixie Stick who wanted to go see the Philadelphia Art Museum and one of my favorite buildings, City Hall, which I'll share later in the week. We also walked along the quaint streets of the gayborhood. Of course, if you know the Mistress, their was also involved some delicious nibbles and cock-a-tails! We lunched at one of my and the Boy-Toy's favorites haunts The Caribou Cafe.



The Lillet posters splashed with crimson and gold, a bronze bar-top lamp, some boxy wooden booths and a U-shaped interior balcony make for cozy, casual brasserie-style dining. The bistro's classic French appetizers range from escargots in chive butter, chevre-flecked salads and a buttery or homey soup of the day. At anytime of the day you might want to sit at the bar and enjoy one of their “gourmet sliders ” and sip a draft Krönenbourg or a Chimay, which are good on a hot day! But today it was a a simple lunch of roast beef on French bread with chips in a chip! Followed by blueberry cheesecake. I just love this place.







After a delish lunch we then went to inspect City Hall and did some venturing in the neighborhood in and out of shops, and the Mistress even replaced some of her flip flops for the asking price of $4.98 now on sale that got ruined in the Great Shoe Massacre! We even popped into the Naked Chocolate Cafe. Then for dinner it was off to Prive for dinner which is where Pixie wanted to eat.


Prive is a Mediterranean restaurant and lounge and then the later hours becomes a very chic nightclub.I had the Lamb Lollipops with a rosemary rice.


I had never been here before ,but would probably go back. The food and service was very good and there was much eye candy to be seen, since it was getting to the late hours. Prive has a dark lounge ambiance, with fuchsia neon dimly bathing black and grey walls, and white leather seating completes this conventionally accepted example of modern nightspot decor. The appetizers vary in tastiness depending on your choices, but are generally pretty yummy. Cock-a-tails are pretty classy, the range of liquor perfectly adequate if not ample, you know the Mistress enjoys a nice strong stiffener. If you're in that plastic fantastic bachelor(ette) mood one evening while wandering the club mile near Market Street, pop on in. Tootles.

11 comments:

  1. Philly is such a cool & underrated city. Lucky Mistress!Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks adorable! When am I coming to Phillie to take the guided tour?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did someone say Blueberry Cheesecake? YUM!!! (Of course, that was my favorite detail!)

    This looks like a fun time. Thanks for posting the pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks absolutely awesome. Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mistress when I go out I can never decide where to eat, there are so many great choices! Look like you had a great time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I didn't know any better I'd say I was in Europe! Wonderful little places! How swank!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephen is right! When I was there once, I was amazed ho many lounges,clubs, and fabulous resturants there were! Not to mention all there was to do and how many hot men!!! Look like a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't get enough of Caribou Cafe! I love that place, and the waiters ain't bad either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely weekend! A agree with Stephen, Phiily is such a beautiful city, and very under rated. Keep it your secret Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I ever get there I too want the whole tour, even the dirty parts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maddie, you certainly know how to show someone the town! Glad you had such a wonderful day together.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!