Monday, June 14, 2010

Full of Pride & Sin



What a weekend! The Mistress survived all the Pride festivities, cock-a-tails, debauching, and the handsome men of DC, not to mention the God awful heat and humidity. Of course that made for ALOT of shirtless boys! (Note to self. Wear a pair of older 5" heels to walk the mall next time. Eleven blocks in the heat was pure hell!) Anywho, one of the nation's most prominent Gay Pride events, Capital Pride, took place this past weekend in Washington, DC, and draws legions of participants from all over the country. It was a good time to see our hostess with the mostess and good friend, Patty PassAround and her new abode, and we even caught up with some of the Mistress's dear friends from her old soiree days in Harrisburg who also relocated to DC some years ago. We had a great time at the parade and then par took of a delish dinner at Policy.


What a chic little eatery. The Mistress enjoyed a new gin concoction, Gin and Juice. A poison that consisted of gin and cucumber juice!!! Very refreshing! Must make more of these.


And the Mistress is pleased to say she was able to handle all those boys. My poor co-worker warned me about the very flirtatious boys of DC and their huge appetites. Well, I told him I have been there before, and knew what to expect. Then like the words from the Lil' Kim song The Jump Off, I told him, "I have a man in Japan, and a dude in Tahiti, believe me sweetie I got enough to feed the needy!" And with that everyone was pleased. And what a huge parade! Now that I hadn't seen before in DC. It was over two hours long. But that was alright, as their were many sites to be seen.


Last week's Grande Dame of the Week, Blair Michaels.







The Cobalt float





But this lad at that parade was just adorable!!! And what a boot-tay he had!!! Why the Mistress had a few hot flashed over that!

Now alas, the Mistress is home recovering. And relaxing. And fanning herself. This weekend, we may be away again.........Tootles!

16 comments:

  1. I have always said that DC has one of the best prides! And yea, that lad? Woof. Looks like a great weekend! But I want ALL the dirty deets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired just looking at the pictures! What a wonderful weekend with pride, good food and drink, and friends! Now that's living. That gin drink does sound good. If you can make it please share it, won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mistress Maddie #1 Fan6/14/2010

    And why do I believe you actually did handle all the boys?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous weekend girl! I think DC has some of the most beautiful queens, the men and the drags! I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the swell photos of your adventure... but I can't quite get over that young man's fine ass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mistress, it look so fun! Next year I say your peeps and my peeps get together and head down there for a real big blow out! Phillies was ok this year, but ti looked like attendence was down. And Gawd, are the boys cute! Thanks for the Policy link to! I looked at it-sounds posh, love the music there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like it was a great time with the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have enough to feed the needy? I will have to look you up when I come out next summer!!! Sounds like a fun trip! Stunning divas there huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Batina6/15/2010

    Green shirt. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to come hang with you for just one weekend! You are always doing something! I have never been to a pride yet outside Central Pa but DC's I hear is very nice, and by the looks of it it blows ours out of the water. Looks like evyonr was full of lots of pride. Happy Pride!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Mahogany Empress, next year we should all go go and have a good old pride time! Bu the looks of it the boys are hot and the queens are firece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would you believe I have eaten there! Policy is tres chic!Some of the best cocktails I've had. I tell you, on a consistent basis, I think DC and Phiadelphia have better resturants oner New York. I have never been disappointed in DC or Philly! Looks like a very funn weekend! Now you recover Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Mistress Borghese, I am so glad you liked our gay pride festival! What a great blog you have! I'm not even a blog reader either. I was goggling wash.pride and somehow got here. Your very addictive. Again glad you enjoyed our fair town!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a fab time my dear. Glad you got to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You guys always know how to have a FUNtastic time~
    No3 tee cuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous weekend girl! Freinds and drinks plus some good food always make for a nive weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!