Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Role Model.....gone



The multi talented actress Rue McClanahan who was best known for her part as the horny beauty Blanche Deveraux passed away earlier today at the age of 76. She was one of the ingredients who shaped the Mistress.

The girls all around the table talking about sex as usual and Blanche recalling a beau she fondly remembers." Ahhhh, I remember him like it was yesterday, the air thick with perfume and me with Billy. Or Bobby. Yea Bobby.That was it. Or was it Ben. Oh who knows, all I know is that it started with a B!" This would also be a typical conversation with the Mistress and friends trying to remember one of her pass clandstines also. Rest in peace.

13 comments:

  1. Very sad. I'll be honest: Not too many Hollywood deaths get to me, but this one does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was such a great actress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric- it was like losing a crazy,hip aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my Blanche moments there for a while, too. Betty stands alone now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is sad, Betty is the only one left

    ReplyDelete
  6. It'sso strange that they are almost all gone already and so close together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6/03/2010

    Such a talented lady! She will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a sad day for all of us. I loved her in Golden Girls. She was such a wonderful actress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for your loss. And uh,Dudette, love the new header. You are kind of a genius. Loved her- she was my fave of the GG- I know Bea was hip, but I loved me some Rue. Rest in Power, Rue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A swell lady and a great broad.

    The two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6/04/2010

    OMG! I remember that episode. She really did have the best lines in that show - hell they ALL did.

    I'm not one to be star struck and overly saddened when I hear of a celebrity death, but admittedly, my heart did feel heavy after I heard the news yesterday of her death.

    Although I've never met Rue in person, I did have the opportunity to see her on broadway when she played the Countess De Lage in "The Women". "L'amour, l'amour"

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is a perfect role model.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She was sure one classy dame I'll say!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!