Saturday, June 26, 2010

From the Jungle of My Yard



Have you ever seen such beautiful LARGE leaves? I wonder what kind they are? I saw these while walking Buster tonight and just had to have a couple! But what to do with them. I thought of just laying them in this basket but they sort of get lost and you loss the beauty of them.



Or maybe use them as a swank fan for later today when I go downtown to see visiting friends for the Wanamaker organ concert. It suppose to be a HOT one!



But then I decided to press them in the kitchen table between the table and glass! Not only does it add some natural element to the table, but we can enjoy them while dinning! If they press nicely, later down the road, maybe I'll frame them with nice mats in some chic frames!

7 comments:

  1. Wow those are huge leaves! I have no idea what kind they are, but what a good idea for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the fan idea. Or I could use for to wear to the San Fran Pride as my outfit! One smartly placed leaf and that's all! Looks like it should over my junk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative! But I say you make a fabulous dress out of them! Floor lenght, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this!!!!! please please PLEASE come to my house and give me a makeover!!! Girrrl, you need your own show on HGTV! hmmm.....we need to start that!

    love and miss you terribly. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great under the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! Maddie, looks like it could be from a Redbud. If you really want to know just ask Stan and I, we'll help you key it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for the dress or the fig leaf theme for a tea dance!!! And then we want pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!