Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Deviled Eggs



Mmmmmmm hmmmmmmmm, The Mistress loves herself a good deviled egg and that's just what was made a couple days ago for the Boy-Toy. He could gorge on those suckers as could I! We eat like four to five in one sitting! Lucky they don't make us gassy like they do some people. I have loved deviled eggs since I was a wee one, when my dear old grandmother would make them for me every summer. I'd circle around her like a vulture till they were done. You would have thought I never ate before. The ones pictured above were not my grandmothers recipe though, it was my aunt's. She uses the common recipe, but adds a pinch of hot pepper, chives, parsley and a little dill. Oh my God, they are soooooo good! But I wondered when making them, where the hell they came from. Turns out the deviled egg originated in ancient Rome. They are still popular across the continent of Europe. In France they are called œuf mimosa; in Hungary, töltött tojás; in Romania, ouă umplute, and in Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, where they are usually filled with caviar and served in rémoulade sauce, they are known as "Russian Eggs". Deviled eggs are a common dish in the United States. In the Midwestern and Southern U.S., they are commonly served as hors d'oeuvres before a full meal is served, often during the summer months. I just love a good deviled egg how about y'all, do you care for them?

13 comments:

  1. I love them too. I could probably eat that whole plate if I were really hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like 'em! I have a friend who makes them for every social potluck event because of her food allergies. That way she knows she can eat something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how those look delish Mistress. I love deviled eggs. Anything with eggs actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fluffycat- Hi there, and nice to see you again. I agree with ya, I could eat a whole plate but I'm always afraid I'll get sick! But I do LOVVVVVVVVVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6/08/2010

    I LOVE deviled eggs. I want some now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Batina6/08/2010

    Yummy, I'm getting hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even if they made y'all gassy, you could just blame the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6/08/2010

    Mmmmm... deviled eggs. Just line them up over the firm buttocks of some...well, you get the point. And I'll have at 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looove deviled eggs! I just saw this really funny video about some guy who's obsessed with them: http://www.itsasickness.com/lounge/seth-herzog-obsessed-deviled-eggs. Sushi-smushi, deviled eggs are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Maddie! my hubs loves these things, but you do NOT want to be around him after he eats a dozen or so. NO WAY!

    Love you! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yuck, you can keep the deviled eggs. I love eggs, but not these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmmmmmmm, bring them on girl! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When my son was 8, we went to his first Sunday brunch. When the waitress asked how he'd like his eggs, without hesitation he replied "Deviled". She laughed but did not provide deveiled eggs. You have to go to a picnic, or funeral for those.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!