Sunday, March 28, 2010

MAME, Darling


How do you like the picture of Mame and the Mistress from their early career days? Can you believe I have known that old goat for about 14 or 15 years now? I just got off the phone with my dear old friend Mame, or David Dust, as some of you probably know her, yesterday and we were getting caught up and said we really to get to the Bronx Zoo sometime this spring. Ya see, we have had plans to go their the last three times I was in the city. And every time, we never make it. Mame always plies me with some cock-a-tails and then leads me astray to the Urges Lounge for some all-male entertainment. The next day isn't generally too pretty, as we both look like a huge trash truck hit us! Of course we are ladies of leisure, and usually lounge about like proper socialites are to do. We will venture out around 1 or 2 in the afternoon when we are not hung anymore and look back to our fabulous selves. ( Of course it takes Mame just a bit more time to get ready). And Mame has always been fabulous. I found another one of her letters just the other day again.


When Mame posted about the Black Party a couple weeks ago, I remembered this letter. Now, Mame mind ya, has been here to visit, but we usually go up to her place. If their is going to be drinking involved, it really is much more easy to get back to her place in a ricksaw than to get to the Mistress's abode. If we decide to drink I don't know how we would get back here. Mame and the Mistress drive pretty scary sober!!! And the Mistress's bartend, Smithys would get us both pretty twisted. So, we are going to plan this zoo trip again and see if it will transpire. Any money bets this time whether we make it or not? And if we do drink Mame, get the cheese and Stella Der's ready!

10 comments:

  1. Get there early and go to the zoo first. Then party and recover! Listen to your Auntie Flame!

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mistress Maddie #1 Fan3/28/2010

    Call me Mistress, I'll keep you two on a schudule! And you will both still see some hot go-go's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddie, Darling!

    You hold on tight to those letters I sent you back in my early NYC days. I'm sure the Smithsonian (or maybe the Centers for Disease Control) will pay a fortune for them some day.

    We ARE going to the Zoo this Spring!! I'll be calling you this week to set our date. And I think you coming up on Saturday morning is a good idea.

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is NO REASON for ladies of leisure to be up and around before 3pm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, I'll buy all the Stell-ders and International Cheeses that Jack's 99 Cent Store has!!!

    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow, I don't think THOSE are the outfits you gurls wore in your earlier career days...

    just sayin'...>!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh lord you know you two ain't making it. I say just go to the Urge and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Batina3/29/2010

    Yea, I agree with everyonr else, I think were going to hear more drunken stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two really need to go there and see it. If per say you are hung, over get up and have a Bloody Mary. That will even you out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coco de Mere3/31/2010

    I think you should just go to the zoo drunk! Or just start drinking there.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!