Thursday, March 18, 2010

How Do You Say Dee-Gorgerous, Dee-Lelectable, Dee-Lovely, Dee-Vine



Why Dee-lite of course! I have really been in a Dee-lite mood lately listening to all my dee-lovely cds I have from them, and they are such a feel good group how can you not get in a good mood when you hear them? And for some reason my creativity really starts to flow when I listen to them. Dee-Lite was a house and club/dance group formed in New York City back in the very early nineties. Their best-known single is Groove Is in the Heart, and Power of Love from its 1990 debut album, World Clique. However, Dee-Lite achieved longer lasting success on the U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart, where it scored six number-one hits. Dmitri Brill and Lady Keir Kirby had an ongoing romantic relationship which ended prior to the release of the group's third album, Dewdrops in the Garden, one of my favorites. Also prior to that release, Tei left the band, and was replaced with DJ Ani. Even with a roster change, minimal record label support and growing tension between separated couple Brill and Kirby, Dee-Lite still managed to tour for a year after the release of "Dewdrops in the Garden". Consequently, "Dewdrops in the Garden" sold more records than Dee-Lite's second release, "Infinity Within". There songs Electric Shock and Music Selector is the Sole Reflector were two of my all-time favorite songs by the group. Some evenings those songs put me in such a dee-trance I didn't know which end was up!!! And if you ask me, Lady Keir was way ahead of her time being the precursor of Lady Gaga, with out there outfits! She had such a chic retro look!


And here is Dee-lite singing my two favorites. Runway, is the first, followed by Music Selector. Now, mind me while I dance about all dee-groovy all over the house. Tootles!


13 comments:

  1. Ooooh! That used to be a favorite CD of mine. It belonged to my older brother and I'd sneak into his room and listen to it...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my favorite songs. Music Selector was on the soundtrack for the movie Party Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/18/2010

    A adore Dee-lite. I first heard them when I was in college (back in 1857). They were retro AND ahead of their time, but still right on time.

    You're right, they instantly put you in a great mood, and help all the misery fall away.

    This was a great trip down memory lane. Tonight, I'm gonna dig through my CD collection and put World Clique on my iPod!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOD, I love me some Dee-lite. We will never see a group like this again I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coco de Mere3/18/2010

    What a nice trip down the groovy lane! I didn't even know they had more than one cd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh, this group was excellent! Music Selector was a great song to get high to then hit the floor to dance. I wish they would do a revival album or something new just to see what it would be like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mistress I think you are dee-crazy! But I did love this group from what I hear on the radio from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with ya'll and glad you enjoyed them! And Kailyn now I know we are split from parents becauase your the first person I know you heard of the Party Girl movie. I have it on dvd! Love that movie. Firgures us party girls.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Batina3/18/2010

    I use to love them! I hear Lady Keir is still performing solo in and around England where she lives part time. They did have a great sound.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how dee-fabulous they were!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Back in the day they were the bomb on the club scene! Don't hear music as out there as them anymore. Very nice walk in time .

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can remeber when they performed at the Wigstock every year with the Lady Bunny. Good times.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!