Monday, March 8, 2010

Flowers in a Winter Thaw





What a fabulous weekend it was here in Philadelphia. The Mistress was so happy to be able to relax after a couple crazy weeks. The weather also improved greatly warming up to the mid 50's which made it feel like a heat wave. Just about all that white fluffy stuff that fell is gone!!! Good riddance, I say.Today was even warmer. I just hope this is some awful joke Mother Nature is playing. Now we can all go about cleaning up our outdoors from all the winter's damage. And how nice to be able to walk the lake again. It was wonderful just to be able to get out in the fresh air. But this weekend everyone was at the final showing of the Philadelphia Flower Show and how spectacular! I have always enjoyed flowers, all kinds and colors. It's very rare I don't have fresh ones in the abode somewhere. But this show will never let you down. Each year, some 80 professional landscapers, florists, and horticultural and educational organizations create full-scale gardens and floral displays that delight visitors. These skilled designers compete for many awards, including the coveted “Best in Show” in their respective categories. Many of these exhibitors have spent decades perfecting their craft, which often includes forcing a great variety of plants into bloom in time for the Show. Exhibitors spend an average of 18 months preparing their displays. With only one week to show off their talents, each company or organization must pull out all stops to be considered the very best. Exhibitors are invited to enter the show based on their all-around ability to conceive and create breathtaking displays for the nation’s premier Flower Show.








Of course I couldn't let this early spring fever escape me so I brought home some innocent daffodils for the kitchen table. I think spring is finally coming. Tootles!

11 comments:

  1. wow! That's really something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The lawn and garden show was in Nashville this weekend, too, but I didn't make it there. Wish I had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/09/2010

    Thanks for the peak at the beautiful flowers. It is just what I needed today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks stunning! All these years here and you would have thonk I would have gone by now. Nope. Never.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3/10/2010

    Flower show? I thought those were pictures of your bathroom. How grande!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pics of the Philadelphia Flower Show are stunning Maddie. Glad you can get rid of some of the cabin fever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's hope Spring is here. You guy have been hit hard this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgrous flower show. I hope you had a nice wide brim adorned with flowers for the event.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love a good flower show! I can swipe all the flowers there for my vases at home! Yea, I meant buy some flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Batina3/13/2010

    What a gorgrous venue they have it in. I love a good flower show!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!