Thursday, March 4, 2010

Window Dressing and Stuff

The Mistress is very happy and relieved to say their is light at the end of the tunnel. It has been extremely busy at work, more than normal. Between getting all kinds of new designer vendors, we had floor moves and our spring trim installations. Most of our high end designers get their own look for their space in the store and all materials are supplied by them, including the contracting of the space. But we still have much to oversee. The only complete shop so far is the Diane Von Frustenberg shop.



Our spring trim isn't your typical spring decor you would expect. We very seldom do the floral motif. This year we had a smile theme. Things that make you smile. We should be done with this by end of next week. So far complete our some of our focal wall moments and windows.




Now mind ya, the Mistress sometimes does some of the production work, but I usually run my planning, ideas and thoughts to everyone, and do the fashion part of the displays, and my co-horts do the construction and painting of it. I get these ideas, but I'm not always sure how to go about building it. We still have more to do and are now installing the secondary location displays. The pictures above are two and a half weeks of work. In between all this were some fashion seminars and vendors previews in the city. I have gotten more goodie bags the last two weeks with everything from John Varvatos tee shirts, a RLX Ralph Lauren hoodie, skin care products,bottled water, Armani underwear, and canvas totes! I could give y'all some goodies! I also had to plan all the fashion for our huge spring fashion show in store. And what a coordination that is!!! Their was 20 models to pull clothing for. We then have to put them in a trend and find the clothes in their sizes, which can be a problem if we don't have their size. Then you either have to substitute and start from scratch. Then their outfits and accessories all have to be kept together and all the commentary has to be written. And trying to get associates in the store to set the stage and control the music. My boss usually does this all, but was out sick. It turned out to be a huge success and the models were all nice on the eyes. This eye candy was hired models and were all very fun, and seemed to please everyone visually.

These are some of our store associates.

On another front,the bake sale the Mistress and the hospitality committee had to raise much needed funds for the Haiti Earthquake fund was a huge success and no easy feat.It got posted-poned twice due to weather, but once it finally happened we made $516! Not bad for a store with only about 120 associates. The money will now go to buying bottled water which is much needed. The company ended up matching our figure to our surprise so what a treat it turned out to be! That's a lot of water. So you can see this is why I have been so side tracked lately. Ahhhhhh, but it's nice to be at the end of the tunnel. I feel a day spa visit with Eduardo coming on. Tootles!

8 comments:

  1. Coco de Mere3/06/2010

    I swear your job look so fun! I wouldn't mind getting tired from all that kind of work. And what beautitful work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I swear, you have so much talent! And now fashion shows? Stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see your store in person. There is probably so much detail you can't see here. You sure know fashion. And those models are cute. Do you need help dressing them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havn't been reading long. Is this what you do for a living? GOOD GOD Mistress, what beautiful work! I have always though about doing this. How did you get into this line of work? Great job. You are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you did it again! I don't know how you keep the ideas flowing. Very intresting to see. You should post more often, I love to see these things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Batina3/06/2010

    You have to be tired as hell. I don't know how you do it all. I'd be burned out! You do such nice work. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful work you do Mistress! I will say your one busy person. Keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work all around Maddie. From fashion to fundraising, obviously you are the person to know!

    PS Love the displays9especially the one with all the hats), but I'm sure you knew I would.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!