Monday, September 30, 2024

MOOD BOARD

 

I have the feeling this would be a good Monday to stay in bed, with a man or no man, as we continue to yet again get another rainy day. Yesterday was just plain soggy, dark, damp and rain of some sort all day. Now, I enjoy a nice rainy day, but I think 12 straight days is enough. If I wanted this treatment of rain, I'd move to Seatle or the UK for petes sake. The poor garden is starting to yellow and I'm losing many things now from too much water. I see a clean-up and clear out coming. As for me, the weekend was spent with cooking and being a couch potato watching many Maggie Smith movies as the channel I came across had a movie marathon on. They included my two favorites, Tea with Mussolini and Evil Under the Sun. Which has one of my favorite movie quotes from Smith, who directed her comment to Diana Rigg's character in the film.

Daphne Castle-"Arlena and I were in the chorus of a show together, not that I could ever compete. Even in those days, she could always throw her legs up in the air higher than any of us...and wider."

Hmmmmm, reminds me of someone....but who?

3 comments:

  1. Love Glinda's shadow on the yellow brick road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of rain.... I hope once the remnants of Helene make it past you, things will dry out a bit. Here, we've been breaking heat records on a daily basis. We're easily 10 degrees above normal. Triple-digit temps are expected to linger on like this through the week. On the plus side, the pool is warm again. Don't think I've ever been pool lounging in October!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to inform you that we have not had 12 consecutive days of rain here; there may have been flooding at the pub and the next village over, but we're alright Jack. And don't blame me for your rain; my name does not end in an E

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!