Friday, September 27, 2024

PEARL AND MARY

 
The last time this summer I found myself in Philly with friends I couldn't resist trying Pearl and Mary's. 1, it used to be my favorite Italian place to eat, 13, and 2- we have a friend named Mary Pearl, and she is practically on par with a drag queen especially with her sets of eyelashes. The place adds to the list of excellent dinning places offered by Michael Schulson, who opened Pearl and Mary, a casual seafood and oyster house. The name pays tribute to his mother and grandmother I was told. While I'm not a huge fan as in NOT a oyster eater, please, my libido is already through the roof, I do enjoy seafood to a point, mostly shellfish and a few fishes. One can expect the freshest catches, small and large plates where seafood is the star, tasty and well-made cock-a-tails at a very fun bar and a polished and cheerful staff who really do seem genuine. I think it's going to be a welcome addition to the neighborhood. I have yet to not see a nice crowd there. Loved the vibes of the place, a very neighborhood feel to the crowd, and the color palette of fresh whites, dimensional greens and deep browns make for a great and classic coastal vibe, all while being in the city. I couldn't complain over my dinner or my cocktails. While the boys were shucking and slurping their oysters, I was thinking about shucking our waiter!

My DELISH deviled eggs, since I don't do oysters.
Nice touch I think.

Pearl and Mary.

9 comments:

  1. Looks delightful, I haven't had an oyster in forever. Surprising all of the things that you slurp down and oysters are verboten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can be picky at times with what goes down my throat.

      Delete
  2. I have to agree with Travel on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the Oysters Rockefeller. Not for me.... Cooked, sure...but not raw. Those eggs look good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had oysters. After seeing this post, I might be oyster curious now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh love me some oysters!
    And this place looks fab. Would totally go.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd live on seafood if I could, but if I never eat another oyster again I won't cry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charming place. I love seafood. I’ll pass on the mucus (I mean raw oysters).

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a stylish place!
    We went out for dinner a while back and hubby had oysters. I was telling the waiter that I just didn't like the look of them. He carried on polishing the glassware and said "Me neither, they look like snot". 😂

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!