Sunday, September 22, 2024

SUMMERS END

 

Well, here we are, at Summer's End. Summer's end refers to the end of the summer season, which officially ends at the autumnal equinox. The autumnal equinox is when the sun is at its zenith at, or directly above, the equator. The Autumnal Queen has ascended to her throne and promises to bring with her all the autumnal delights. As for me, I'm a Summer Queen. We are already seeing the sun setting earlier, and wonderful sleeping temps at night with the windows open. Summers End is also the title of a melancholic song by John Prine, which reflects on the passing of time and the loss of precious moments. Here is to the summer of 2024 with some postcards that didn't make it into some posts. I can't complain, it was a lovely summer, and now have to look forward to some new trips coming up soon.

New Woods Mug!!!!

To summer end.....

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely hate this time of year - for me, the complete end is not just yet (as we still have a chance of some mellow days) but the moment the clocks go back and everything's dark (next month). That's the point I wish I could just go into hibernation until the Spring!

    Still, happy summer memories abound... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a wonderful summer, Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9/22/2024

    I see the houseboy on the dock, he was supposed to be here in California to fu… me, I mean do me, no ahhh clean my house, that’s IT ! :)
    Your pix look great and obviously you had a great time. There is always next summer, and don’t forget winters can be made warm ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another one for the record books, eh?

    Is that my mug??? From my younger days??? The only hoeing I do these days is in the yard!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!