Monday, September 23, 2024

MOOD BOARD


Monday again!!!!! 
Well, here's is too being back to a regular work schedule again, after a huge refresh in the showroom. At the end of last week it felt like my body had been raped by five 6' 8" quarterbacks!!! This weekend found us at my uncles for one final sweep of the house to go through what he is taking to Ashville NC. Otherwise, time was spent doing a first clean up in the garden of dead blooms and such. I also occurred to be that today would have been my beloved maternal grandmothers 110th birthday today. I had forgotten her birthday was welcomed in by autumn. Now a lovely poem to start the week.

A couple days ago it was summer,
Now it is Fall,
I see the purple asters,
I hear the Autmn call.

I feel the warm sun shining,
A balmy south wind blows,
I see more flowers blooming,
And I see the grass still grows.

The goldenrod is waving,
the bees are in the clover,
I hear a distant honking-
The geese are flying over.

The nuts are growing rounder, and more heavy,
The cornstalk brown and sear,
By twenty lovely tokens,
I know Fall is here.

It was summer days ago,
Now today it is Fall,
Today I'm still bare foot and free,
Oh how I love it all.


Happy Monday...and here's to a pleasant week.

1 comment:

  1. I like the Fall photos. Hopefully, we will begin to have that whiff of a cool breeze soon too.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!