Monday, November 20, 2023

MOOD BOARD


 Happy Monday everybody!

While summer may be my favorite time of the year, I will admit this is probably my favorite week of the whole year. There's just something about the crispness of the air, the Fall colors, the smell of a good bonfire not to mention all the spicy smells that I use as many things this time of year like cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, star anise, saffron and a few others, not to mention apple cider,  nice fall scented candles in the evenings. We enjoyed another bonfire this weekend. Of course this week is also a short work week for me, and probably my favorite holiday right after Halloween. I love Thanksgiving, and I love the smell of the cooking of  dinner the day of with the sound of the parade in Philadelphia in the background. It's nice just to get together enjoy some drink and a good dinner with family and friends. We have 13 this year. And in all my years of work in retail with my current job there's no more need for Black Friday as I'm off. Truth be told my previous retailers that I work for were all of the luxury breed, so we never had insane crowds wherever I worked thank heavens. So I plan on enjoying this 3-day week. And as I told Jon from across the pond, I plan on enjoying a 4-day weekend. For that I am thankful and I'll definitely drink to that. Don't you just love the feel this time of year? What's your favorite month of the "embers"???

22 comments:

  1. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving, Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite "ember" month? With the cold weather settling in, so long as I have my coffee and Tia Maria and a good book...either one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Months that end with ember, like Sept, Nov. Dec. Ok October doesn't really work....

      Delete
  3. "Ember months"? No, ta. With the exception of our NYE party, I count down the days until we go to Spain in February, the Spring bulbs start and the clocks go forward again in March. If I could, I'd hibernate. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, me tooooo! I wish we could, just like bears do.

      Delete
  4. I prefer fall but a South Carolina summer is quite brutal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I hear, I hope you shed some layers Adam?

      Delete
  5. I spotted a Barbara, a Julia, and I'm not sure but I think a Judy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You win three gold stars!!!!!

      Delete
    2. I thought Judy too - the quizzical look she was giving that poor turkey was a hoot.

      Delete
  6. I love the fall and leaves burning and a chill in the air and mulled wine and warm blankets and fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 4 day weekend starts today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm sure you will take advantage it Dave.

      Delete
  8. I like Fall better than Winter, TBH.
    My fav season is Summer, also! I'm not too sentimental about Thanksgiving, but I like the pomp and circumstance. Between us, I despise pumpkin-flavored/infused things. I just can't with it. I love spices, though...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean like those pumpkin spice loving bitches that have to have pumpkin infused everything?!?!?!? Where is the ice pick?????? Thanksgiving is one of my favorite right behind Halloween....no expectations for me anyhow and no gifting. Just good food, family and friends.

      Delete
  9. happy Thankgiving Gay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want some pumpkin pie... and to help rub those two sticks together. I hear you can start a fire that way.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!