Thursday, November 18, 2021

LATE NIGHT...TRIXIE MATTEL

Well last week Trixie Mattel went and did it again. The camp diva released her first new original music of 2021 and a crackling bite of what's to come from the legend's forthcoming new album. Sign me up henny, and be still my heart. With sonics calling to mind Trixie's admiration for the Go-Go's, The Strokes and the Donna's,  and a Gawgeous choreographed video...with some Fosse to the 9th degree, Hello Hello is the next brick in Trixie's road to music domination me thinks. Her last album, Barbara which I got, was overflowing with the vibes of a sun drenched SoCal, and I get the feeling Hello Hello is a wild in your face garage rock retro anthem. I can't lie, her music is right up my retro alley...and it's to be nice and sunny the next couple days...better be sure Ill have the window cracked in the car listening to this. Her music just makes me all kinds of big hair happy. If you ever wondered what's it's like in my head...just watch a Trixie video...

 

Make me wonder if she'll perform the song on Queens of the Universe.

18 comments:

  1. Fun song and video! Good choreography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trixie's out here living her full Nancy Sinatra fantasy and as the kids say it, "We love to see it." Go bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After several playing's of this song, I've decided it isn't long enough. I need an extended dance cut of it--it is just the most joyous thing I've heard in a long time. What a bop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this song isn't used on a jazzy TV commercial for small, brightly coloured urban cars within the next few months, I'll eat my hat

    ReplyDelete
  5. This queen is gold I tell ya. I’m getting like Jet vibes from this song!! Trixie Mattel is a true musical artist who has so much care for her music. Love how guitar based this song is too

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an awesome eye makeup! (Too dark, perhaps?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know of her, so thank you. I loved both the song and the video. Nothing vulgar, just fun and good music. Made me remember the days we danced like crazy on the B52's. I'll be watching out for the her album release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it exactly it!!! Her music is fun and camp like the B-52's. And I loved them. No heavy issues or over thinking...just plain old, good, bouncy good-mood inducing music.

      Delete
  8. Right up your retro alley, huh? The mind wanders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting. A fun beat but a little too retro for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have grew up somewhere between the 50's and 70's I think.

      Delete
  10. The bearded back up dancer would make a great addition to your houseboy staff

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm getting some B52s up in here too and I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this is a fun, upbeat song. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loves it!
    And yet again, you're reading my mind and/or checking in my bedroom when I'm writing my posts. Laganja Estranja (I posted about her today) did the choreo for this vid.
    Trixie is bringing it and living her best life: new record, great YouTube channel and judge in the Queen of the Universe contest.
    And this is a bop.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!