Wednesday, November 17, 2021

MATANTE

I tend to adore the old school drag more over the ultra modern, sleek queen,  or the out of the box horror queens. You know what I love, HUGE hair, over the top frocks and pounds of make up, but I do love queens of all types and will embrace them all, but one on my radar for some time for me is Matante Alex. While she may not do the huge hair, this queen has a flawless face , with ensembles that are creative, campy and memorable. I'm living for the opening look. Matante hails from Montreal Canada, where she is one of the youngest queens on the scene. Matante Alex is the stage name of Alexandre Gemme, not only a accomplished drag queen but also a talented photographer. Matante started signing at 13 years old in his parents basement and soon there after discovered his true passion...yodeling. Then soon after came other forms of singing, and then the drag bug hit...or as she calls herself,  a fashionable transvestite. Matante's name translates to "my aunt" in French,  but this inventive queen with a county heart of gold is anything but traditional, as her acts of live singing and her ensembles are stirring , vibrant ,and fresh on the scene for drag. For me she incapsulates old drag and new drag beautifully together. So it is no wonder that she landed herself on the first ever season of a new drag show, Queens of the Universe. If your  burnt out of Drag Race this will be a nice , new alternative. The series will bring 14 queens from around the globe as they vie for the title of the show, where they will showcase their vocal talents as they debut a new musical performance in front of a live audience each week. The judges panel will consist of Michelle Visage, Leona Lewis, Vanessa Williams and Trixie Mattel.  But lets' be honest, I'll still be looking over the style of these queens, and I don't think Matante will have any worries when it comes to the looks. Werk bitch!

17 comments:

  1. Yellow is it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning.
    I agree with Bob about that yellow number! Gimme!
    And the Mickey/Toni Basil moment? Oh, Mickey you're so fine!


    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. ?? I soon as I saw the name I started wondering why anyone would want to be an aunt? Not one mine was really pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She nails the vibrant!!!! She'd be great for a kids story time...kids love color!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her make up is exquisite and that cobalt blue sequin outfit looks like it could be on any fashion runway in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that so much Tundra, Id sleep in that!!!!

      Delete
  6. …strikingly hot….assume it’s alexandre’s photography? Quite good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the purple hair, green shades and fab sweater, Matante!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her style and vibrant nature! We will be watching Queens of the Universe. I think people are thirsty for more drag other then Drag Race. It think it's why We're here is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to seeing her on Queen of the Universe. The style is off the hook.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Touches of Leigh Bowery here and there. Intriguing. She photographs well, I wonder how it plays on stage. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like color.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yassssss HENNY!!!! Keep it weird I say. Matante and her style and work speaks to people in ways that they could not imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh girl....She is good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's all in the anime eyes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Great looks and make-up. I love that yellow. I think I’ve got a thing for rubber/plastic wigs.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!