Monday, November 1, 2021

MOOD BOARD

It was a weekend. The Lad was here for one of our reunions since mid summer, and it was very relaxing watching and listening to Hallows music and vegging, watching nothing but horror movies and enjoying some tomfoolery. The Lad went on to visit family in NJ and will return later in the week as we take a overnight trip to Fallingwater. After the year before last,  when my neighborhood last had tricks or treats because of the pandemic, it was resumed last night, as ours is always held on Hallows Day, and I do believe the parents were relived I was not planted out in the yard, sitting like Karen Walker, poring gin into the pumpkins for the little ankle biters, although I did notice many adults took advantage. This year no mini bottles of liquor. It was Ghirardelli squares and popcorn balls left on the door knob in a basket with a help yourself sign. I don't get many children as there aren't many in the neighborhood like other suburbs....but I heard New Hope was MOBBED, as was Lambertville. They generally even shut down whole streets to accept the crowds. Here many had the option to not go door to door if they didn't want to, but we had policemen on corners handing out candy, to cut down on the door to door interaction, but I think many just put the candy out in baskets like I did.  With Halloween past, tomorrow brings about All Souls Day, or Day of the Dead, a day of prayer and remembrance for the souls of those who have died. Practitioners of the tradition often remember deceased loved ones in various ways on the day. I will most likely remember several dear friends who passed of Covid this year as well as our dear Anne Marie...and I will think of times I spent with them. I know I could feel the presence of Anne Marie yesterday for day of music here. I heard a collective sigh of relief that ABBA didn't have any Halloween classics. Some of todays images are from my time last week in Philly along Fairmont Park for the Laurel Hill concert.

Just had to include this next picture. Here is Buster...his face cracks me up. He was in Lambertville on a day trip. My ex sent me this over the weekend. Buster doesn't know what to make of the big skeleton or where to bury a bone that big.

Bwahahahahahahaha!

34 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed the pictures!
    Our fireman neighbor, across the
    street set up a small bonfire and
    handed out treats. Was very festive!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I know Hallowe'en is huge in your house.

      Delete
  2. Love the pics!
    I even went and got some pumpkins for the entrance steps here, too!
    Love Buster!

    And are those Bette Davis and Joan Crawford???

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes your correct, two old queens Bette and Joan.

      Delete
  3. Ah, Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte, one of my favs! The kids were out in force on Thursday night here, thousands of them, flooding the streets, many not from Enola, as my street was parked full of cars. My big dogs scare them away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful collection. We had a number of urchins come to the door, though not as many as pre-Covid. But she still had leftover candy that I now have to deal with. I have to stop buying things I like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures, and I have to celebrate Halloween through you. Likely because I live on a narrow, busy street I did not get any trick or treaters. I heard from Sis that in the past only one kid showed up pre-pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Buster looks kind of stunned... like he's thinking, "is this Heaven?" and then, "oh, no, I must be dead!". Love the huge skeleton though: elegance in simplicity.

    I can't believe Bette and Joan ever posed for a picture together, especially in a cemetery, unless they were ghosts, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a successful Halloween! Especially for Buster!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos. Tell Buster not to feel bad, I don't know what to do with the big ones anymore either! Thank you for the festive tour. And for pics of Joan and our Lady Bette. Oh... in my what could have been file... had Joan not been more of a business woman and less of mess... Hush, Hush, would probably be more fondly remembered. It is one of my favorites. I have always wanted to do an homage show... I think the title is from Mad Magazine... Hack, Hack Sweet Has-Been. It would combine Baby Jane and Charlotte and Helen (Debbie Reynolds) and Geraldine Page (from Aunt Alice) - just throw it all in a blender and chew the F out of the scenery. I bet I could find a part of Pam Demic, if the dear could stop soaking up the gin, sober up enough to put on a little lipstick and smile for the audience. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet she'd do that if there was a penis involved.

      Delete
    2. I loved the movie too. I liked Joan and the battle ax Bette, but how anyone on the set could stand such loud bitchy women as them, I have no idea. I was always more in the Joan camp myself, only because I see more of myself in her mostly. And yes, I'm sure we could get Pam on your great sounding production...as your aware, she has a most illustrious career.

      Delete
  9. The photos are wonderful and thank you for thinking of Anne Marie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will always have our memories Todd! I like to think she approved of yesterdays selections.

      Delete
  10. I love Fall colors. I kinda sorta miss blowing and raking leaves. Your pup is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buster does look like a wonderful little lad.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I do believe your right, Bustre looks taken aback by the size of the skeleton, LMAO!!!!

    The rest of the pictures you got a stunning. I love my walks along Fairmont.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got so busy yesterday, I missed your whole party filled with great music. I am going to have a listen tonight. Nice to hear you and your Lad had a nice re union. I would love to see Falling Water one day.

    And the last picture is pricless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always manage to set a vibe and tone! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Walking along Fairmont is one of my favorite daily rituals to end soon if it ever gets cold. I really like the second photo with the bridge arch way. But Buster steals the show as always. He is overwhelmed by the size of those bones...and that is amazing in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's no wonder you guys didn't get out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, dogs supposedly like to bury bones. Imagine Buster burying THOSE bones.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your photos, as always are wonderful. You really capture the ambience of the season.
    You made me laugh, calling the children while biters! Hahaha. That's so funny.

    We didn't have a single caller. It was raining hard so that maybe kept them away.
    One year we had so many I ran out of treats and even cash!

    Buster looks so well.
    A quick doggy story, Rio had his dog Magnus castrated last week. When he went to get him the vet said "You'll have to come through and get him out of the date yourself. We can't get near him!" He was like a wild beast, growling and snapping at them!
    I said well you'd be like that it someone took your crown jewels!
    He is a feisty little thing. 6 pounds, wet through but the heart of a wolf.we
    Take care. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty funny considering the picture you sent me, he looks like a little powder puff pocket dog!!! Buster is an old man and gets what he wants. He is now 14.

      Delete
  19. That photo of Buster and the bones is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel as though it should be a meme.

      Delete
  20. Sad & evil punkins all in one place; my neighbour was growing one up into an apple tree but it stayed green as the summer has not been too good here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a it should be a children's book, The Big Pumpkin Who Thought He Was A Apple.

      Delete
  21. One feature of living in a high rise, filled mostly with people even older than we are, is Halloween is quiet. Pretty photos. Did you hear, ABBA is releasing a new album this week, https://abbavoyage.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I heard! I also heard the ruckus from Anne Marie screaming FUCK, WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  22. I trust you had a wonderful day! Lots of treats and no tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those pumpkins on the railings look a bit cross!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!