Wednesday, April 10, 2019

LA MERCERIE CAFE

If you follow me on Instagram, then you will have seen these photos already, but I wanted to make sure I share this incredible experience from the weekend at Roman and Williams GUILD NY with everyone.

GUILD NY is the new lifestyle space by Roman and Williams on  Howard Street in Soho that includes a flower shop, restaurant, and mercantile space that all meld together in perfect harmony. Set in legendary designers Roman & Williams design showroom “Guild” it is an Instagrammer’s paradise with beautiful things every where – and even the items you use to eat & drink with are for sale. I not only loved the home furnishings part, but MM#1 Fan took me because I love to eat!!! And I adore a good florist But all three together??? 
How gorgeous is this cake????

.La Mercerie Café was amazing. And it is no wonder I loved it so much. I found out Philadelphia restaurateur Stephen Starr  and Roman and Williams partnered together to create the café, which serves French comfort food like beef tartare and buckwheat crêpes, which are what I went with. I swear, everything Stephen Starr touches, turns to gold. It’s helmed by Marie-Aude Rose, the former chef at Spring in Paris and  here, she recreates the delish food from her childhood in the French countryside such as fresh baked croissants, cakes, and cookies (to go if you like) and classic buckwheat crepes, niçoise salad, roasted chicken & green beans and more throughout the day paired with wine and craft cocktails.
My bucket wheat crepes..
And for dessert we split these very decadent crème puffs!!!!!!

It's a wonder I'm not 400lbs yet..

20 comments:

  1. you have been shoveling it in lately. are you eating for two?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place is stunning!!!!!! Love the interior. You are so lucky to keep trim. Just looking at this post made my already fat ass gain 5 lbs!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Lad helps with keeping him trim!!

      Delete
  3. I think I could spend days in there, eating, drinking and shopping my way through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 words - FAB U LOUS! those croissants - to die for! pair them with jam and coffee a la continental breakfast and I would be in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I feel downright fat and grubby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep....this proves right here that I need a trip to New York. And soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Gay. God. That store is absolutely fantastic. I positively love the flower arrangements. Like Bob said, I could probably spend a few days eating and shopping my way through it. Fab.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. That place is spectacular!!!! And French food is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of William's favorite places. The concept of the place is pretty neat, but the food is by far the show stop. Their crepes are so darn good. Spring is indeed in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This place is visually stunning. Every inch of it loks really beautiful and I hear from friends who live in NY that the drinks and food are excellent. Looks very relaxing, I get lost in places like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh scrumptious. Maybe I’ll get there this year. Side note: The first time Jerry baked on his own as a kid, he decided to make cream puffs! And no one even suspected.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wouldn't it be fun to live across the street from that, with someone else paying the American Express bill.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mistress, you are so lucky to have the metabolism and restraint to eat the way you love. Like you said, the Lad might have something to do with it. So you’re lucky of two points. Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhhhhh my.......that looks like heaven

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Paradise.... Or it would be if all the employees were naked men! :-)

    How DO people who love to eat (You , like Babs are a perfect example!) stay thin???? I gained 12 pounds looking at the photos here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful. What a treat!
    I do like a classy joint. Only the best for the mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing place! I could probably eat that whole cake. I too don't know where all your food goes. From your pictures you are trim and fit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That place is beautiful, and so is the food!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!