Saturday, April 6, 2019

FROM THE FISH SHOP

With spring getting ready to finally bloom and warmer temps coming, all of nature awakens including the fish. This week in the Candy Shop, err Fish Shop, we have some great and sexy mermen!!!!! Yes mermen! My co-worker and friend Manny Gonzalez is a very talented costume designer. He and another friend who also works with us put together a bear calendar of mermen, all of who are from Asbury Park. Manny and friend Jim put the whole thing together with a photographer, with all shots being from around Asbury Park. The calendar sold out in a week!!!! With the profits going to Visiting Nurse Association of Central Jersey LGBTQ Health Center. WOOF!

Dan Shields

Jim's husband, Celal Ismett.

Rich Hunell

Stacey Savage

David Maina and Chris Montedoro

Good friend, Jim Berry

Casey Bowen

This is Manny Gonzalez in the back, and his husband Nelson Mottaivivas, as zombie mermen.

Oz Salvatierra

Whose ready for fishing season?

29 comments:

  1. I love these! Arial eat your heart out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pass the tartar sauce please. Aren't they all just cute little willies!

    XO and one for Jesus
    Miss R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cap Chasen4/06/2019

    Oh what fun!!!!! I love all men! Those two on the life gaud chair are adorable as is Jim!!! That photo is precious.

    And all for a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friends sure like their beards huh! Those are some cool pictures and a fun idea come to fruition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like my cute guys but I like my bears and otters too!!! These are very fun pictures. Your friends are talented Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love the one with Jim and his parasol. And washed-up-on-the-deck Oz.

    Do they come with their own batter, or do we have to supply our own?

    ReplyDelete
  7. YNMMY!!!!! I love fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's not what I heard!

      Delete
    2. Pearly is more our surf and turf gal!!!

      Delete
  8. I've never seen a merman before. (I know, I need to get out more) They look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I worked as a lifeguard I may have
    worked with a couple of these guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, dogs, squirrels, gnomes and now mermen! Interspecies collaboration. You go, tdm!

      Delete
  10. I want stacey; bro got it goin' on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right. Stacey is too sweet looking to have that last name.

      Delete
  11. I don't know if I have the right bait.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous!!!! Kudos to your friend and these guys! Bears are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bears and Mermen are fun!!!! I love the merman in the swan. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was never a fish eater, but the merman in the Adirondack chair? Rich? HUBBA HUBBA!!!!!!!

    What a brilliant idea. Glad to hear it did well for your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always knew mermen existed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this merry band of mermen! I hope it's not catch and release!

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I was single, and I went fishing, it was more like trolling. Fun pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How creative! The tails on these guys are quite fetching. I’m sure they’re equally delightful out of costume, too 😉

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh I love this so hard!
    Mermen are my favorite!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  20. I knew it!!! I knew Mermen were real!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!