Monday, April 29, 2019

SEEN IN NEW HOPE


Well, the weekend flew by yet again...as I suspect the week will also. The Mistress spent Saturday out and about in New Hope's sister river town, Lambertville, for their annual Shad fest. While the festival draws its name and honors the fish from the saltwater fish that returns to the Delaware River every April to spawn, the festival offers way more than just the fish the weekend is named for. There are many fish fry and seafood stands, and many other food vendors making tasty morsels, local handi craft, art, and music to be heard. Since the day was so nice, but cool, I joined my friend Mr Frank to take in the shad fest. I though of wearing a Shad gown, made entirely of shad, but I didn't want to show up the crowd in such finery and didn't care to be chased by every cat in town!!! This Monday I share a collection of photos from the last two weeks from my fair hamlet. Is it any wonder I love this area so?
Along the canal.
The incredible Mercer Museum in Doylestown

Miss Pumpkin in her Easter finery

This is a water pump house I believe?
Mr Frank with his new rescue Murphy
This long fish sculpture/float like creation was carried all around town as is tradition by several of the royals in town.
Here is a farm up the road from the Casa. I like to think I'm being sneaky by taking apple slices to Ellie the horse...but the owners know I do it. It's like she knows me by scent and comes to get them. When I don't have them I would swear she looks disappointed. 
Here was an evening shot at my friend Doug's place along the river. It was taken after one of my sill life sittings for him and his art. It was a stunning sunset that night.
I told you in yesterday's post I had a love affair with this place.

Happy Monday All 

32 comments:

  1. Oh, SHAD fest! I read it wrong, and was expecting orgy pix! Fish, what a disappointment! These are just beautiful, Maddie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your getting a dirty mind. You been hanging at the Casa to much.

      Delete
    2. Who, me? Maybe you're right. I need to find myself. Stay away from the internet for a few weeks. You know, I suck at being serious!

      Delete
    3. Yes, have we been a bad influence on you. Besides we like cool people. Your a hip chic.

      Delete
    4. @Cali-Boi: By Cowboy Troy? No, that's Hick Chick, never mind!

      Delete
  2. The area is very picturesque; quite lovely. Even the photos of snow-covered landscapes in winter look beautiful. I gave up East Coast winters long, long ago, and venture there in Summer once every 5 or 6 years. It always seems to get me my fill and leaves me eager to return to my warmer clime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple Slices! yummmmm!
    Happy Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The area is sooooo pretty! It looks like spring!
    Miss Pumpkin is striking a pose and giving us bunny, bunny, bunny!
    Mr. frank and the doggie look super cute!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love New Hope!!!! But black folk love a good fish fry...how didnt I know about this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, M.E., I hate fish unless it's in stick form or a tuna can! Do I have to turn in my Black card?

      Delete
  6. Oh how I wish I knew about the real New Hope when I lived in the Northeast! And I would so love to see a giant Shad being processed down the street here. It would be a nice change from all these virgins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perhaps a virgin on a shad?

      Delete
    2. Hmmm... Maybe an appropriate combination... But that's all I'll say about that.

      Delete
  7. If there is one thing I enjoy, it's a good street festival. I just adore your area. Never heard of shad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful evening sky! In fact, beautiful town and countryside.
    However, that fish sculpture thingy looks rather disappointed that only the minor royals turned up to carry him/her :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why not wear the shad gown? Aren't you use to a bunch of Tom cats chasing you???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I would love a house along the river.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no you wouldn't; the delaware river floods frequently.

      Delete
  11. Tell Mr. Frank that I wouldn't mind if he, um,rescued me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHO is this mister frank, and WHY has he never been mentioned before? cute puppeh too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You live in a beautiful spot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing how rich people live. Or even rich adjacent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually underneath the rich myself. Or on top of. Or beside.

      Delete
  15. I van still remember when you took me to New Hope and Lambertville on my visit. I can say I have never seen or experienced such a place since. Definitely one of the quirkiest places and by far one of the friendliest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like a beautiful area! Are you having your portrait painted? Will we get to see it?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sitting nude for a friend of mine who wants to submit art for a upcoming art exhibit in New Hope. We are done now and I did post the three contenders here about a month ago. He has yet select which one he likes , or if he wants to do more.

      Delete
    2. Check out in March, where did last month go. They are there for perusal.

      Delete
  17. Looks like British countryside. I’m liking the look of Frank.
    By the way - I love your new hat.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hat? I'd never been scene in a crown that small dear.

      Delete
  18. I can think of a few strays that would like jump into Mr Frank's arms and be rescued.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you had a happy Monday, and thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!