Wednesday, June 26, 2024

LETS HEAR IT FOR THE GIRLS


I myself being a gay man, will never understand why gay men have issues with other parts of the community. While trans women are accepted to a point, I will never understand the two separate gates so to speak for the gay men and lesbians. I can recall when I came out in Harrisburg and the clan would go to the local big dance club Stallions. It was four floors, and generally the top floor was reserved for the lesbians, and the queens nick named it, "the fish aquarium." The gay men would generally get their panties in a twist if and when some of the lesbsytrians would up down to the main floor and wanted to dance. WHAT? Were we not all in the same group on minority and being hated upon and discriminated against? I never did and still don't understand it. Even to the dismay of some of my friends, I often hung out in lesbian bars. Some of my best most drunken nights would be hanging with butches and bull dykes, and lipsticks. We'd even go head-to-head with shots!!! Talk about good times. Hell, I can remember once when my ex, the Boy Toy, who some of you may recall and myself were in Rehoboth once and we were the only two gay boys hanging with the gals in the Frog Pond. Alas, they did drink him under the table as he was but a pup still. He hit the deck. Even in New Hope, I always adored a woman named Liz. A larger, masculine butch, with a loud boisterous voice, and almost always had on a button downed dress shirt, sleeves flipped, khakis, a cigar, and one foot always up on he bar stool rung, while in conversation, while I sat crossed legged. She was a hoot. And when she patted you on the back, she sent one into the next week. She would always harass Warbucks and I. "You two are so cute together. Dating or just fucking?" No.... call me crazy, but I love the lesbsytrians. And the only way we all win is as one. Lighten up gay boys!! Don't hate just because they are more man than you. And our fun playgrounds are for all of us, why segregate? That was soooo yesterday.


Now....a musical interlude with KD Lang


Happy Gay Pride🏳‍🌈

13 comments:

  1. Brava! Well-said and I agree 100%.
    And thanks for the kd, I do so love her voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post!!!! Even I as a straight woman wondered why this was??? My gay boyfriends always complained about them. I always replied, shouldn't you all be working together?

    And how did I NOT KNOW that Holland Taylor and Sarah Paulson were lesbians, let alone in a committed relationship?!?!?!?!? I ADORE Holland Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PREACH IT HENNY!!!!!!!!! If a bar fight breaks out, it the drag queens and lesbians I want behind me. That cut a bitch first, then ask questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love me a lesbian.
    You know I usually find butch women very interesting, too. When I was a wee gayling, my best friends and I used to hang out with some stone cold butches. We felt protected.
    Some of my most fun nights have taken place in lesbian bars.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never had a problem with the dykes, either. However, the "separate spaces" idea isn't all one-sided - I've known girls be more than sniffy at the presence af a man, even a gay man, in "their" bar. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Respect and love for EVERYONE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personally, I love gay men and love having gay male friends! But it's true that the lesbian and gay male communities can have a complicated and difficult relationship. Unfortunately, some gay men can be as misogynistic as any straight man can be. Lesbians won't put up with that. And any lesbians who are separatists won't have anything to do with any man, gay or straight, regarding them all as the enemy. These differences need to be worked on. Unfortunately, they can't just be wished away with a general feeling of "why can't we all get along?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never understood this animosity myself. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adore everyone under the rainbow... we got each other's backs, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto what Robzilla said.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well said. It's similar to when any persecuted Minority is against another persecuted Minority, it makes no sense whatsoever. The Lesbians I know said they are more accepted by Straight Men than by Gay Men, which I found to be a curious thing indeed. But you made a Statement that could be True for some Haters, hating becoz some of the Gay Gal Community are more Man than they are? Could be some profound Truth to that Statement? I say this becoz some Straight Women are jealous when a Drag Queen is more Woman than they are. The Young Prince has told me that some Female Friends of his have openly told of being envious of how Pretty he is when presenting as a Woman. He gets looked over more when they go out and... well, jealousy is Envy in any form, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of the LGBT can't get along and accept one another...the community could collapse. Loved this post and that you hang with whomever you want.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!