Thursday, May 26, 2016

A SAY SOMETHING HAT DAY!

If you know me you'll know I love me ALOT of chapeau. The bigger the better. I say go big or go home. A milliner these days is as hard to find as a good cobbler in my opinion. But today should be a say something hat day for sure...for it is Philip Treacy's birthday today!!!
Philip Treacy is an Irish milliner and designer based in London. He moved to Dublin in 1985 to study fashion at the National College of Art and Design, where he made hats to go with outfits he designed. From there, in 1988, Treacy won a place on the MA fashion design course at the Royal College of Art in London, where he graduated in 1990 with first class honors. In 1989 he took one of his hats to Michael Roberts, fashion editor of Tatler magazine, and his style editor, Isabella Blow.  Blow asked Treacy to make a hat for her to wear for her wedding, and invited him to live with her and her husband Detmar in their home, from which Treacy started working. And the rest was history.
 
"Hats are radical; only people that wear hats understand that"

"How a hat makes you feel is what a hat is all about"
"Wearing a hat is fun; people have a good time when they're wearing a hat."
"Hats are the epitome of Englishness, and a royal wedding is the penultimate moment for a hat designer. I'm Irish, but I am a royalist and I believe in fantasy."
"Fantasy hats give you the possibility to dream."
"Hats are the epitome of Englishness, and a royal wedding is the penultimate moment for a hat designer. I'm Irish, but I am a royalist and I believe in fantasy."

20 comments:

  1. When DIL and Eldest Son got married, for fun, they asked all the ladies to wear hats. We did and it was fun. All the Scottish men wore kilts and The Engineer became honorary Scott for the day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great story! And to answer the question, sounds like you had even more fun because of the hats!

      Delete
  2. lady gaga sure pulls off a great look in the last pix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She cleans up nice sometimes, doesn't she?

      Delete
    2. Of course, you missed the faboo Daphne Guinness, whose "looks" Gaga has consistently stolen... Jx

      Delete
  3. I'd hang some of those on the wall as art pieces. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His work is art....to display , or to wear!!!!

      Delete
  4. Never heard of Philip Treacy, but I love hats - and his creations are astoundingly unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may not have know the name, but if you saw the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate, I assure you, you most certainly saw his fabulous work, amongst the guest.

      Delete
  5. Mr Treacy is the creator of fantasies - and long may he continue! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have more than a few dreams he can help create.

      Delete
  6. Mistress, you just know I love me a big flamboyant hat, as much as the next old eccentric lady. I'd gladly make purpose to wear any of these fine examples. I'm also fond of a good turban

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your making this gay boys heart go pitter patter

      Delete
  7. Hats, hats, hats and more hats And gloves for young career girls. How I adored Paris.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see Diana Vreeland was an inspiration.

      Delete
  8. If your going to wear a hat wear a hat!!!! These are fabulous and so is Isabella Blow for recognizing his great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the hats he did for Isabella Blow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love him... amazing, amazing man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew he was connected with Isabella Blow, but not that he lived with her. Sort of like a pet milliner.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!