Monday, May 16, 2016

WHO WILL BE CROWNED QUEEN?

 
The Supermodel of the World introduced some of us to the twelve freshly beaten faces that would be vying for the title of America’s Next Drag Superstar for the reality TV competition’s eighth season with a fun salon-themed video, promising that this season would be a return to the show’s shady roots. And I must admit, it was a pretty good season overall, better than last I thought. I also like the contestants to be fewer, not so drawn out. But the queens this year were pretty entertaining, and of the ones I predicated, Kim Chi was the only one who made it to the top four. I usually have at least three that make it. There were some twists and surprises that's for sure. So.....you do you think will take the crown.......
 
BOB THE DRAG QUEEN-
 
Homebase: NYC
Known for: Wit. Originally hailing from Atlanta, Bob the Drag Queen established herself in the NYC drag scene, no easy task in a already crowded drag market, who with a blend of lip sync performance and  a penchant for calling drunken bar goers out on their bullshit. I feel Bob has a 50/50 chance of taking the crown...being the whole complete package. Can do many looks, styles, is funny as hell,quick thinking, and if your in a bar, Bob is interesting, and you want to hear more from him. Not to mention those facial expressions But will a traditional queen take this home?
 
KIM CHI-
 
Homebase: Chicago
Known for: Visuals (and cooking.) The thing that makes Kim Chi is the fact that you don’t actually have to hear a thing she says or sings in order to be blown away by her performances. Her looks are among some of the most versatile I've seen that ranges from anime-inspired art nouveau, to glamorous, to retro, to more traditional, simple couture. Her face painting technique is flawless and she has a sweet personality. But probably not the best performer persay I've seen. But the crowds generally love her just for her looks and disposition. When it comes to doing a blow away photo spread or editorial work Kim Chi nails it by far. I'm not sure she will win, but I won't discount her completely. Historically the queen who won the most challenges doesn't always win. Most crowned queens just never placed bottom two- which is the case with Kim Chi. I am placing my bet with her. She is fresh, innovative, and seems to fit in with Ru's collection of winners. Remember the photo challenge where they posed with the winners, she looked amazing, bringing the new.
 
Naomi Smalls-
 
Homebase: Redlands, CA
Known for: Legs. Somewhere between Naomi Campbell and Biggie Smalls lives Naomi Smalls. The self described “high-fashion hood rat” is known for switching up her looks on the regular, but never failing to show off and work her ridiculously long legs. While she did grow on me this season and is drop dead gorgeous, I don't see a win. The problem is her personality to me, having never seen her, I don't know what her club personality is like and can she do anything but show legs and dance to hold the crowd? She too is only 21. I don't think like any of the big girl queens we've seen, who keep trying to be the first to break ground to take the crown, Naomi won't break ground with being the youngest.

In RuPauls newest video, and probably her best song in some time, they all truly look amazing. I'm ready to dance now.....
 
I'm told the finale will be good, with all the returning crowned winners with RuPaul, making quite the opening entrance!So... what were your opinions on the season and who would you like to see win???

34 comments:

  1. Fearsome and I both are Team Kim Chi. Bob and Naomi are marvelous however it is Kim that had caught our eye before the season started.
    Its truly been a good season. Several really incredible transformations of queens who took the critiques to heart and were willing to grow and change. We appreciate this show for its loving encouragement of growth in the contestants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Team bob the Drag Queen because she can do it all, and I love a funny queen. Hell, I am a funny queen.
    I adore Kim Chi's looks, but I wonder if that's all she is; just as I wonder if all Naomi is is a pair of legs and a rail thin model body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is like my super bowl!!!!! I love them all, but I have to say love Kims style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Kim Chi is going to take it because of her spectacular visual style but I agree that Bob the Drag Queen has the better traditional drag queen performance skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you see "Undercover Boss" last evening? The owners of Hamburger Mary's were on. One segment featured the drag shows the restaurant does. Wonderful. One queen was rewarded for her life philosophy and beautiful spirit...a trip to LA to perform at a Premier Grand Opening with "some very famous people." Jayla, we wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like Naomi is constantly serving it, so I pick her, but it was a good season over all. I like it having less queens too. Great video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a great season I agree! And that is Rupauls best song in some time. I was rooting for Bob, till I saw this video, but Kim Chi dominates my attention. So I think Kim also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm for Bob because Bob is for Bob. And I'm all about the funny too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you seen Bianca del Rio lipstnc? She sucks, and she can't dance worth a shit, but she won being funny. So I'm going with kim Chi as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this season!!!! That video is amazing! I'm team bob all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be happy with who ever wins. They all look incredibly good in the video, which is 90's house at its house. Since I have found RuPaul as my savior, my life is so much better, lol!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All I saw was the very hot guy in the video!!!! Damn! Who is that? Well being in weho, I am loving Naomi smalls. She is too fierce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is he just pppppppppurfect! And scrumptious and delicious! His name is Willie Gomez.

      Delete
    2. Willie Gomez is deeeeeeee-lish!

      Delete
    3. He's finger lickin good alright.

      Delete
  13. Us Boofont Sisiters have to endorse Kim Chi for the win. Her style is just so memorable. But this has been our top three ever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That,video got me dancing!!!!! Rupauls best in years! I'm torn......between Bob and Kim Chi.

    ReplyDelete
  15. NAOMI!!!!! She has sat quality, and if I dare say outshined RuPaul in that video.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If this video was a challenge, Naomi would winner hands down, but I hoping Kim Chi wins. She would add another whole dimension and a new look from a queen we haven't seen yet in Ru's winner circle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVED THIS SEASON! I have to choose Kim Chi for the crown too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm gagging...they all look so damn stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm rooting for Bob, but I'll say...Naomi nailed that video!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bob the drag queen all the way baby. The guy in that video though? THAT is poetry in motion!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. GURL, I love me some Kim Chi with sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  22. #TeamKimChi because she is the winning underdog that doesn't know how to dance, but DAMN CREATIVITY. HER OUTFITS are GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you used a hashtag? You just may find yourself exiled.

      Delete
  23. I vote for Michelle Visage, though, she isn't in the running is she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, but she has one hellva breast plate!

      Delete
  24. I would not be that happy if either Naomi or Kim Chi win.

    Don't get me wrong I like them both. But they are just too green for the winner title

    ReplyDelete
  25. Being in fashion, I have a real feel and appreciation for Kim Chi. And the video is very fun, what a catchy beat....I wore out the replay button I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't see a difference between Bob the drag queen and BeBe Zarhara, so I'm going with Kim Chi.

    ReplyDelete
  27. hard not to love kim, but i called bob from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it must have been those crystal balls of yours?

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!