Monday, January 18, 2010

Everything Was Off



The Mistress was off the air temporally, but is now back! What a weird weekend the Mistress had here. A good one, but it was a theme of everything being off. First the weather. It has been cold as hell like the last two or three weeks and then all of a sudden it was like in the fifties this weekend! Now I'm not complaining as I love the warmer temps, but it seems to go from one extreme to the other. Since the Mistress is off for a three day weekend I also did lots of food shopping for some dinners I have been wanting to cook. So their were trips to the farmers market and grocery store for provisions. Now these places are usually hopping. Not Saturday. Dead as a door nail. Did they evacuate the Philadelphia region? It was kinda creepy. I also thought some people and friends were acting a bit strange, so I thought alright, I'm keeping to myself and doing my cooking. Then on Sunday it just down poured with rain, and of course, Buster thought he neither desired nor required to even go out to do his business. Well, after all the time it takes me to get ready to take him on a walk, you better believe he wasn't coming in till he did! After coming in, I started to prepare the Sunday night dinner of a New England Pot Roast. So I readied my meat, that didn't sound good.I mean, I cut and seasoned the roast, got the carrots and potatoes cut, and chopped the herbs and threw it all in the crock pot for a very long simmer. Just as I did, wouldn't you know I hear a huge bang and the power goes out! Turns out a transformer blew. So on went the battery operated radio and listened to some MPR, while the Boy-Toy went in to work to get some odds and ends done. The power never did come back on till late last night. So when evening set in, the place was dark and getting very cold, so all the candles in the joint( thank God for my big stash) got lit and then I got lit,as I read by flash light my Chronicles of Narnia book which was accompanied by a glass of wine or three and a warm blanket. Even though the dinner never got cooked(till later tonight anyhow) and the house was getting cold as hell, for some reason I found myself very content. Tootles!

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE Chronicles of Narnia! Mmm....by candlelight with a little wine. Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks! I won't tell ya what I was doing the last time we loss power!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least you can have the dinner tonight and all was not ruined. I have a three day weekend also in honor of the good Dr. Hope the rest is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes going simple and old school is so refreshing. Glad you dealt and enjoyed :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds perfect to me! Nice and quite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mistress Maddie #1 Fan1/18/2010

    I swear you could entertain yourself! I get very jumpy and extreley bored when the power goes out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know the power went out but it still sounds like it was nice night :D
    what is it you cooked btw?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds cozy. I'm not that content when the electricity goes off. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maddie, you seem to be able to get the best of any situation. Glad you could pull everything together despite all the setbacks!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!