Monday, November 20, 2017

THANKS, MONDAY

Hope everybody had a great weekend. Mine was very nice and even had a day to relax. Now I'm just getting ready to salivate over my aunt's infamous Thanksgiving dinner later this week. Nothing like the smells of Thanksgiving dinner cooking in the house. Great memories for me. November is a favorite month of mine, I always look forward to November’s arrival. It’s the quiet and forgotten month, falling between the excitement of  Halloween and the sure to be mayhem of December and the beginning of the holiday season.
November is the month when I find myself with holiday whiplash. I’m just packed up the ghost and goblins from Halloween and starting to think about turkey, but have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head. Surprised right?

insert *deep breath* here.
Oh dear!!!!!!

I like to take some time to enjoy pumpkin season beyond the jack-o’-lantern until after Thanksgiving, when it’s time to trade in the pumpkins for boughs of holly and jingle bells! Even at work we haven't decorated to much. Right after thanksgiving do we start installs, but all prep work is done and some secondary things are in place. I tell myself to slow down and enjoy November as Thanksgiving season, instead of as Thanksgiving day.
Am I the only one already wearing a bib and undoing my pants?
Happy Monday!!!!!

19 comments:

  1. One of Andy Rooney's (gosh, I miss him) 60 Minutes commentaries covered this subject. He was right on! We've allowed Christmas to overrun Thanksgiving.
    We'll be doing dinner with my in-laws, but we've given up on the turkey and all the trimmings. We have lobster, because the pilgrims most likely ate from the sea, rather than land. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL.
    Happy Monday, mistress. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Monday got off to an earlier start than I wanted. The upstairs neighbors woke me up before 5am. I hope it's an isolated incident, or else I need to start saving up for a new apartment next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh huh, sure it's anticipation of Thanksgiving that has you wearing a bib and undoing your pants! What's your excuse for the rest of the year?
    We don't celebrate any holidays in this household. We will be pulling out the ol' trailer and going camping for four days, yay!
    There is a wild Tom with his harem of about five hens that comes around our street this time of year. I've seen him attack a car once. No one in their right mind will go near him and his ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some wild turkeys around here too, and they are not to be trifled with.

      Camping? I sure hop it's warm where you live. No holidays???

      Delete
    2. Yeppers, old people camping. Trailer with heater and ac. We stopped camping in tents when I became unable to get up off of the ground.
      Haven't celebrated a holiday since I was seventeen. I must say, it's been a freeing forty-four years :)

      Delete
  4. Target made a big deal out of 'not forgetting Thanksgiving' so went in there on the first weekend of November. They did have a Thanksgiving banner up but walk into the seasonal area and CHRISTMAS everywhere. In another part of the store I found a small, dusty stuffed Turkey bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been in the market for a porcelain or vintage looking ceramic turkey for some time, and no one seems to have Thanksgiving wares.

      Delete
  5. It's all about gobbling round yours, isn't it? Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. November has always been my favorite month, in fact it's a damn good month since it's the month in which I was born. Love November!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Am I the only one already wearing a bib and undoing my pants?" It's got nothing to do with Thanksgiving and you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Monday post.......its making me hungry for Thursday. Sorry Tom turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great advice Mistress. Slow down and enjoy each holiday. I'm with you. I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday too. I am adoring the picture of the platters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reminds me to slow down and enjoy November and not anticipate so much about boughs of holly and jingle bells! Hope you had a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can get behind a holiday that celebrates with bird.

    And where did the weekend go?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so right about November, we need to the take time to slow down and be thankful. Most stores have little regarding Thanksgiving, in comparison to Halloween and Christmas. I can remember when I was small, my mother had decorations for every holiday. Pretty post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Almost used the three old Hollywood cheesecake pictures on my own blog. Good thing I didn't. I might have been accused of, uh, plagiarism or something;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YASS, I will love you Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!